5. Charity team contest

[2W]SEARCHER

Oct 30, 2011
malaria.png

:) Hello all Teammembers of TeAm AnandTech,

:) Hello all Friends of TeAm AnandTech,

As since the Year 2009 , we want to build the CHARITY TEAM again !
I write to tell you that this year`s CHARITY CONTEST will crunch for FightMalaria@Home .
The CHARITY CONTEST is a Joint Venture between Team L´Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany , but the CHARITY TEAM , who will be founded a few days before the Contest Starts, by the Admins of L`AF and SG , runs on its own, so the credits archieved will only go to the CHARITY TEAM ACCOUNT .
We invite you to Crunch with us for 2 weeks together as the Temporary CHARITY TEAM !

The 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST is from :

SO 20/01/2013 at 00.01 h - SA 02/02/2013 at 23.59 h MEZ TIME

SA 19/01/2013 at 23.01 h - SA 02/02/2013 at 22.59 h UTC TIME

To see what that means to your Timezone, look at : http://www.zeitzonen.de/

The Forum of CHARITY TEAM you found here : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/

:sneaky: Sorry I forget, the Forum was of a Server from Team AF , so the Register is in French . This help you for English : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/index.php/topic,34.0.html

;) To Join in the CHARITY TEAM : http://boinc.ucd.ie/fmah/team_display.php?teamid=229

The Idea behind the CHARITY CONTEST is just to bring BOINC Users as much as possible together, to crunch for a Medical/Biological Projekt as a Temporary Team.

:cool: Greatings to all SEARCHER

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
For this challenge I will be creating a group account and posting up the weak account key, you may use it or you can move your account over to the said team. I will also be PM the password of the account if you do request it. Or you may alternatively download the xml file at: http://www.filedropper.com/accountboincucdiefmah
Weak account key: 5452_892240f90ca740c99cebfb05467cf547
Thanks
James aka Kiska

Last edited:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Steps for inserting the xml file into your installation:
For BOINCSTATS or other account manager users:
1. Detach fightmalaria@home from the website
2. Synchronize with the account manager
3. Download the xml
4. Shut down your BOINC client by killing boinc.exe in task manager for Windows or killing boinc in System Monitor on Linux
5. Copy the xml from where you put it when downloading into your BOINC DATA directory for BOINC
6. Start up the client by either command prompt or by opening boinc.exe on Windows or boinc and run in terminal on Linux
For users who manually add projects:
1. Detach fightmalaria@home from BOINC manager
2. Download the xml
3. Shut down the client by killing boinc.exe in task manager for Windows or boinc in System Monitor on Linux
4. Copy xml file from download location to the BOINC DATA directory
5. Start up the client by opening boinc.exe on Windows or boinc and run in terminal on Linux or by command prompt

BOINC DATA directory is usually located on Windows at C:/ProgramData/BOINC and on Linux from the Ubuntu repository it is at /var/lib/boinc-client or if you installed it by the Berkeley installation file it is where you downloaded it at example mine is located in /home/james/BOINC
Thanks
James aka Kiska

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Those who are participating please say so because the stats will be in a spreadsheet and I need the names
EDIT: I might not be able to do it. Because I don't have access to what normally there would be for the leader of the team.

Last edited:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Anyway compiling a list for stats purposes and using names from different projects that are related to BOINC therefore I will have some stats to show on the day. Also those who are migrate their computers to the temporary team account I will not be able to do stats for them since I don't know who they belong to unless you tell me otherwise.
Preparing the stats Excel spreadsheet now. You are also to tell me whether you will be in the challenge or not by posting in this thread. I will be adding everyone from boincstats and when the race starts I will be going from the charity team. Good chrunching. :)

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Thank you for the invitation SEARCHER. :)

We're working on a TeAm 1 million milestone on fightmalaria@home right now and sadly it's the only project where we have points in Formula Boinc: http://formula-boinc.org/index.py?lang=en&team=101&year=2013

I'm also working on personal milestones for that project ;) so I'll continue to stay on the TeAm.

It was a lot of fun last year though! :cool::thumbsup:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Does this mean you will be participating in the challenge? Once you tell me that you will be in the race I will put confirmed next to your name

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Does this mean you will be participating in the challenge? Once you tell me that you will be in the race I will put confirmed next to your name

No, I won't be participating.

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Fair enough that I am still in the middle of making the stats spreadsheet

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I am in. :)
Thus confirmed.

Please take TAC away from the stats. TAC is the TeAm AnandTech Committee, which is an administartive entity to create a TeAm AnandTech for each and every DC-project. TAC doea not crunch.

Last edited:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Thank you peter. Do you know anyone else from the TeAm is participating?
EDIT: I will not do the stats prior to the challenge since I have to do the GFN one as well but will try my best to update them.

Last edited:

QuietDad

Dec 18, 2005
Would be glad to participate. Currently only doing Set, but have no issues stopping it for a bit. Any pointers on adding fightmalaria@home correctly so my points coint?

QuietDad

Dec 18, 2005
Okay, now a member of the charity team for this anything else you need me to change, just holler. The xml download link is dead so thats not happened.

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Argh! I'll reupload.
EDIT: Link is working again. :)

Last edited:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Ok. Update on stats because of the team's there is going to be confusion therefore I either don't do stats or I include everyone.
Your choice people
James aka Kiska

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Please include everyone ... that is more fair - IMHO. :)
But the stats-master decides - that is why he is a stats-master. :thumbsup:

Kiska

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Very Well. Stats will be up at 23:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time

[2W]SEARCHER

Oct 30, 2011
malaria.png

:biggrin: Hello Folks,

the 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013 by Project FightMalaria@Home is finished now. So I think it`s Time now to say THANK YOU ALL for this great Event.

Thank you for the Administrator`s from Team L`Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany who created this CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013.
Thank you for all Helping Hand`s who make Statistics, very nice Logos and many many more.
Thank you for all Participant`s who Crunch the last 2 Weeks by the 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013 with us.
And a big Thank you for the Administrator`s by Project FightMalaria@Home.

But by all Happiness, about over 14 Million Credits, the 1. Place by the Team Statistics by FightMalaria@Home, all Overtakes from another Teams and many many individual Statistics, I think we not forget the biggest Thing by this 5. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013. In the last 2 Weeks so many Members, from many Teams and many Countrys, Crunch and Fight`s in only ONE TEAM. And we found the last 2 Weeks many new Friends, so I say this was biggest Thing in the last 2. Weeks. And this was THE GREAT MESSAGE for the next CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2014.

:( And now I was very sad to say you : in German all Auf Wiedersehen, this mean in your Language :

Arabisch : ma'as-salama
Armenisch : tstesoutyoun
Aserbaidschanisch : sag olun
Baskisch : agur
Weißrussisch : Да пабачэння (da pabačennia)
Bengalisch : biday
Bosnisch : do viđenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Bulgarisch : довиждане (dovijdáne [formal] )
Burmesisch : thwa me knor
Katalanisch adéu / a reveure
Chinesisch : zài jiàn
Korsisch : salutu
Kroatisch : do vidjenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Tschechisch : na shledanou
Dänisch : farvel (formal) / hej hej (informal)
Niederländisch : tot ziens
Esperanto : gxis revido , øis revido
Estnisch : head aega
Finnisch : näkemiin
Flämisch : tot ziens
Französisch : au revoir
Friesisch : oant sjen
English : Good Bye
Griechisch : antio / geia sas
Haitianisch orévwa / babay
Hebräisch : lehitraot
Hindi : alvida / phir milengay
Ungarisch : viszontlátásra
Isländisch : bless
Indonesisch : selamat tinggal / sampai ketemu lagi
Irisch : slán
Italienisch : arrivederci
Japanisch : sayônara
Koreanisch : ahn nyung hee ke se yo
Kurdisch : bi xatre te
Laotisch sok di / phôp khan mai
Latein : vale
Lettisch : uz redzēšanos
Litauisch : sudie
Luxemburgisch : äddi
Mazedonisch : dogledanje
Maltesisch : saħħa / ċaw
Maori (Neuseeland) : ka kite anoo
Mongolisch : bayartai (Баяртай)
Norwegisch : ha det
Persisch : khodâfez / be salâmat / kheyr pish
Polnisch : do widzenia
Portugiesisch : adeus / até à próxima
Rumänisch : la revedere
Russisch До свидания (do svidaniya)
Samoanisch : tofa
Sardinisch : adiosu (sarde)
Schottisch : beannachd leat
Serbisch : do vidjenja (formal) / ćao (informal)
Slowakisch : do videnia
Slowenisch : z bogom / nasvidenje
Spanisch : adiós / hasta la vista
Suaheli : kwa heri
Schwedisch : hej då
Tagalog : paalam na po
Tahitianisch : parahi / nana
Thai / thailändisch สวัสดีคะ (sawatdii kha) Female
สวัสดครับี (sawatdii khrap) Male
Türkisch : hosça kalin
Udmurtisch : dzéch lu
Ukrainisch : do pobachennya
Vietnamesisch : xin chào tạm biệt
Walisisch : hwyl
Zulu : sala kahle

time-to-say-good-bye.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w

We hope, we see you and your Team very soon again aendgraend, modesti, ousermaatre, SEARCHER

:cool: Greatings SEARCHER