$5 billion dollars questioned in Clinton/Gore?s Dept. of Agriculture!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Yesterday while watching the TV news I heard congress is investigating Clinton/Gore?s USDA (Dept. of Ag.). There?s supposed to be a sum total of $5 billion dollars under question. A Senator from Illinois who is on the committee to look into this did an interview reporting what?s been discovered thus far.

He said there were many accounting irregularities on the USDA?s books. For example, a car that was itemized at $97 million dollars! And there was also an $11 million dollar microscope. The accounting records are in such disarray nobody can make an accurate assessment of it.

And the final blow: the chief financial officer of the USDA, when confronted with these facts, said he needed an addition $100 million dollars for better equipment to fix the problem! Can you freakin? believe this?!

Is there any Department under Clinton/Gore that is run sanely!? This is exactly the kind of irresponsible management you get with top-heavy government. No accountability, mismanagement, fraud, waste. When does it end? At what point will people wake-up and realize their government takes $10 from them and the returns only a fraction of that in value? Since it?s impossible to force them to actually govern wisely, I?m all for not giving them the money to waste in the first place! Wasn?t it just last month a similar investigation uncovered $100 missing from the Dept. of Education??

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
NO! Don't tell me another of the clinton/gore cabinet members is a crook. How many does that make?

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Yet the fact remains the official accounting records of the Dept. of Agriculture includes "highly accurate" entries like $97,000,000 automobiles and $11,000,000 microscopes. This is disgusting and I bring it up to point out the burden of huge government waste. It looks like some of us are simply so conditioned to expect this that we no longer care. Check back with me in 20 years when waste is even worse and you're shelling out 70% in taxes vs. the "perfectly acceptable" 40% now.