5.8% unemployment under one President 5.7% under another.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
What some of you communists conveniently forget is that a major terrorist attack happened during Bush's presidency. It doesn't take a genius to realize the effect this has on the economy. You cannot compare unemployment rates between each presidency because the conditions were completely opposite. Clinton also had the benefit of an economy inflated by the internet boom and Y2K spending.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: DoubleL
True enough. Al Gore created the Internet and Clinton created the "dot com". Then again Clinton always did leave the mess for others to clean up...just ask Monica.

LOL dot com on the blue dress, I needed a good laugh today

Deja-Vu. Was that you who posted exactly the same drivel a couple days ago, because I distinctly remember seeing a similar post?

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FrodoB
What some of you communists conveniently forget is that a major terrorist attack happened during Bush's presidency. It doesn't take a genius to realize the effect this has on the economy. You cannot compare unemployment rates between each presidency because the conditions were completely opposite. Clinton also had the benefit of an economy inflated by the internet boom and Y2K spending.

Silly FrodoB... the commi-libs here swear that Bush orchestrated those attacks so he'd have a reason to go to war! Then in the process, he went around and firing people, then he boxed their jobs up and sold them to China, so that the rich could get richer.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Originally posted by: FrodoB

well clinton did have a WTC attack and the oklahoma bombing also.

Its not like he got off scott-free.

Ok let me ask you this. My computer job in michigan getting outsourced to india is an effect from the WTC bombing ?

Also dont most republicans say that war creates jobs ?

I still dont know how the WTC bombing is going to effect the unemployment rate. at most i can just see the people in those buildings.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: outriding

Ok let me ask you this. My computer job in michigan getting outsourced to india is an effect from the WTC bombing ?

Then let me ask you this, did Bush fire you and sell your job to India? He didn't, but of course you want to blame him for all your problems...

Also dont most republicans say that war creates jobs ?

I dunno, ask them.

I still dont know how the WTC bombing is going to effect the unemployment rate. at most i can just see the people in those buildings.

Then maybe you need to spend some time understanding the behaviors of people and how economies work.