5 6' HDMI M-M $6.49 shipped free

Status
Not open for further replies.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
I still see people at Besy Buy and the like paying $30-$80 for a HDMI cable not really any better/worse than the cheapo stuff like this. Pretty sad when you think about it.... My wife won't let me say anything to anyone though. :(

Jason

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I still see people at Besy Buy and the like paying $30-$80 for a HDMI cable not really any better/worse than the cheapo stuff like this. Pretty sad when you think about it.... My wife won't let me say anything to anyone though. :(

Jason

your wife is a terrible human being... how can she just let that kind of stuff happen?

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005

Jason

Monster cables are a tax on the ignorant.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

Jason

i got kicked out of best buy for informing people about this, i laughed

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
i got kicked out of best buy for informing people about this, i laughed

I had an extra in my pocket once when I was going in to get a game. Someone was listening to an associate spout about how awesome the monster cable ones were, but that you could go with the cheaper one for only $30 and get most of the quality. I pulled the one I had out of my pocket and gave it to the guy. I then explaned how it makes no difference as long as they meet the correct standard, bla bla bla. Either a cable works, or it doesn't. Quality of connectors/soldering will become important over huge runs (like a 500' run of cat6 not being able to run at 1000 mb/s because of a crappy crimp job) but not over 6'. The associate was not happy heh.

HDMI cables are like candy now; they cost nothing. It's kind of like the phone companies. Why is a phone number so expensive? There is a ton of competition, you would expect that the cost would have been driven down to the cost of providing it since the service is identical. The easiest way now to make more money on something that is identical is to either provide something besides the identical product (such as better service like the amex black card) or confuse the customer about what they are buying (like bulk vs branded hdmi cables).

A fiend of mine here at work likes BB though. He bought 2 cables for $27 each (IIRC) and told me about it the next day. I spent about 10 seconds and found a site that was selling a set of 20 of them for $30, so he bought those and returned the ones he got from BB. He then sold the other 18 that he didn't need for $5 each, and made a killing. I thought it was hilarious. He got his HDMI cables for a negative dollar amount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.