5/12/11 Steam Weekend Deal: All Serious Sam games 75% off

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter $3.74
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter $4.99
Serious Sam HD Double Pack (includes the two above) $7.49
Serious Sam HD Gold Edition $9.99 (includes the original 2 and both HD remakes)

Last edited:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Made a typo on the price for Second Encounter, it's $4.99

When I saw $34.99 I did a double take!

This game has LAN and online co-op right?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Made a typo on the price for Second Encounter, it's $4.99

When I saw $34.99 I did a double take!

This game has LAN and online co-op right?

Thanks totally missed that typo lol.

I know that at least the HD ones have online coop with up to 16 people. I'm not sure about LAN.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
HECK YES. I picked up all of the Serious Sam games on sale last Christmas, and it was worth every penny. Definitely get these if you haven't already. I just finished playing Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, and I have NEVER killed so many enemies in an FPS before, nor has any other game given me such huge surges of adrenaline. I'm not kidding. The scale of this game is huge, and there are some sections of the game where it's just 20 minutes of pure-adrenaline-filled carnage, wave after wave of different things coming at you from all directions. Then, when it's over, you'll ask yourself: "Holy crap, did I just wipe out like ~300 enemies by myself?"

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
HECK YES. I picked up all of the Serious Sam games on sale last Christmas, and it was worth every penny.

How is the multiplayer?

I am thinking of getting the gold edition for myself, my son (17) and my daughter (15). Is Serious Sam something that we can play on the lan co-op or death match?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The Gold edition is the one to get?

4 games for $9.99 sounds pretty good to me.

I'd go with the HD double pack unless you really want the originals they are remakes of.

That being said, during another sale that had these on sale, I just bout the HD double pack myself as I didn't care to own the originals.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
How is the multiplayer?

I am thinking of getting the gold edition for myself, my son (17) and my daughter (15). Is Serious Sam something that we can play on the lan co-op or death match?

Unfortunately I haven't tried multiplayer. But if I understand correctly, co-op is where it really shines (which is easy to see why). I don't know a single thing about deathmatch, although I can't imagine it has much depth. Could still be very fun though.

Looking at the in-game multiplayer menu, I don't see a LAN option... you have the ability to set up a server but there is nothing that pertains to LAN-only. Maybe I need to look further into it.

I'd say it's great fun for 15-17 year olds (or anyone really), incredibly easy to pick up if you've played ANY FPS on the PC before... obviously a bit violent too, but also very cheesy. Also you can change the gore levels.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Odd that these are on sale again. Perhaps to drive interest in duke nukem as a somewhat similar take on the game. Bought the HD games when they first went on sale and this has to be at least the third sale on them since.

Last edited:

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter $3.74
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter $4.99
Serious Sam HD Double Pack (includes the two above) $7.49
Serious Sam HD Gold Edition $9.99 (includes the original 2 and both HD remakes)

I was hoping for a sale on HD Second. Thanks much for the heads-up! :thumbsup:

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
The Gold edition is the one to get?

4 games for $9.99 sounds pretty good to me.

AFAIK the HD remakes are the same exact game but with far better graphics, so unless you want the originals for nostalgic reasons I don't see why you'd need any more than the HD pack.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sale is a joke. Acquired Gold Pack for $3 something during xmas sales.

The Gold Pack was around $5. The HD Double pack was $3

It was a daily deal during the holiday sale.

Nothing wrong with this sale, sure it isn't as cheap but it is still damn cheap for some good games.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Sale is a joke. Acquired Gold Pack for $3 something during xmas sales.

75% off is no joke.

Even if the games were a couple of dollars less during the holidays, so what. $7.49 for 2 good games is nothing to laugh at.

~~ EDIT ~~

Ok, I took the plunge and ordered the HD 2 pack for myself, and my 2 kids.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I have HD 1 and 2, looks like I'd have to re-buy them to get whatever extras the gold pack has. A bargain for the games, though.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Odd that these are on sale again. Perhaps to drive interest in duke nukem as a somewhat similar take on the game. Bought the HD games when they first went on sale and this has to be at least the third sale on them since.

SS3 is supposed to come out this Fall, which is only about 4-5 months away.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
I think the Second Encounter HD includes the First Encounter now.

Edit:
If you have both games, all the First Encounter content is included in Second Encounter.

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Unfortunately I haven't tried multiplayer. But if I understand correctly, co-op is where it really shines (which is easy to see why). I don't know a single thing about deathmatch, although I can't imagine it has much depth. Could still be very fun though.

Looking at the in-game multiplayer menu, I don't see a LAN option... you have the ability to set up a server but there is nothing that pertains to LAN-only. Maybe I need to look further into it.

I'd say it's great fun for 15-17 year olds (or anyone really), incredibly easy to pick up if you've played ANY FPS on the PC before... obviously a bit violent too, but also very cheesy. Also you can change the gore levels.

Not a lot of people play multi-player and as you mentioned it lacks depth. It's not TF2 that's for sure.