4K Windows Remote Desktop Connection

dmgr0108

Jun 1, 2015
Hello!

I'm building a new high-end PC at home with a 4K screen, and I was wondering if you guys know if I can remote into my work PC using that resolution? I use 4K at work, so I know my work PC supports that resolution.

Also, my computer at work uses Windows 7 Enterprise, but I have Windows 7 Professional at home, would that be an issue? Do I need a specific version of Windows to do this?

Thanks a lot, appreciate the help.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
AFAIK, if both computers support 4K then it should be fine, your remote desktop should be in 4K too.

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
should be no problem but you can't dynamically change your font, mean you will need to rdp into your office, change the font to HUGE, unless its already on huge. Log out and back on to reflect changes

Are you using 4k res with large font, how else can you see ?

dmgr0108

Jun 1, 2015
I use the "Medium" setting for font size (125%).

The reason I asked the question was because somebody the IT department at my job told me there is restriction on the maximum resolution you can use depending on the version of Windows you are using, but I couldn't find anything online to back that up. And before I go ahead and spend the money on a 4K screen at home, I would like to know that it should actually work in theory.

Thanks for the replies so far!