4870 fan speed question about file location

Unbekannt

Jul 13, 2008
Ok, so I looked ahead and saw that early adopters are having heat issues with the new 4870's. So I made sure that I would address them quickly after I got my new rig built. I have all the current drivers loaded and other software needed in place for Vista Ultimate 64bit Version. But I have a problem. I know the standard way to fix the problem by creating a CCC profile and then change some code. The problem is that I can't find the files.

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\user name.XML

is the pathing to fix the problem. But I get to my user file and there is no AppData folder. So I searched for the .xml files on the computer, still nothing. I know that the CCC is saving my profile because it's there when I open it back up and I did unlock the overclocking section before I saved the profile. So what is the deal. Why no AppData folder and not even a .xml file? Is this a software, hardware, me being an idiot, problem? What am I doing wrong.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I also tried installing the ASUS SmartDoctor and Rivatuner (not sure on spelling) and they to don't work because they can't find the graphics card or they are out of date.

Rhonda the Sly

Nov 22, 2007
Did you try checking off file hiding?

Start Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Press "Show Hidden Files and Folders" under Hidden Files and Folders.

*Just logged into Vista and made corrections.

Unbekannt

Jul 13, 2008
Wow, I feel dumb. That was the problem. I was so in the moment I totally forgot about that. Thanks a lot.