4850 getting enough power?

bizzyd1441

Apr 6, 2008
I bought a 4850 a couple weeks ago, seems to be working fine. I am still unsure if I am giving it enough power however. I have a Corsair HX520 which I know has enough power, but I'm just unsure of the cable I used to connect the video card and the psu. The card came with a 6-pin cord that had 2 molex connectors on the other side of it. But instead I used a 6-pin cable that came with the modular psu, it connects directly between the two. I'm assuming this is alright, but I just want to make sure.

I set the card fan speed to 75% when playing games that keeps it around 70-75 and when idle just under 60 degrees. HWMonitor says my GPU temp is 1.08v when idle. I know the inside of my case gets hot (my cpu gets towards 60 C under load), but are these temps normal?

disports

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2008
well for one, the 6 pin cable from the PSU that connects to the 4850 should say PCI-express on it.

imported_apocalypse

Aug 27, 2008
Yea the 6-pin is fine.

Your idle temp seems a bit high. How is your case airflow? Your temps could be lowed by setting up fan profiles, try rivatuner or ati tray tools, give the forums/google a search for those.