4850 driver problems

goldcrow

Nov 1, 2008
Hey guys,
My Palit 4850 sonic is causing some serious problems in 3D gaming such as Call of Duty 4. Everytime it will load the map, once the 3D starts appearing, it crashes and a window appears saying VPU recovery blablabla. The thing is, I've been asking around and there might be driver related issues here. Its really weird, I see the CCC in the add/remove programs only as 0.02mb. Maybe this could be the cause of the crashes?

Ive been trying to reinstall drivers but the 0.02mb thing still keeps on coming back. Ive done a regular uninstall, an uninstall with drivercleaner but still no dice. I dont really feel like reformatting my pc, I dont have much time for that right now. I hope anyone can shed some light into this. Thaknks!

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
My Add/Remove Programs list for the CCC is also .02mb. So that's not it. Does this happen in any other games for you? I have an HD4850 as well.

vj8usa

Dec 19, 2005
Try something else that stresses your card to see if the same thing happens (furmark, 3dmark, another game, etc.).

goldcrow

Nov 1, 2008
Tried Company of Heroes. VPU recovery pops up after a few seconds. I chose not to send error report, then after a few seconds, another VPU recovery error.

goldcrow

Nov 1, 2008
This is craptacular. I called the shop and they said they'll replace it with a HIS ICEQ 4850. Ill keep this thread updated.

goldcrow

Nov 1, 2008
Ok, I got back my pc and they replaced the card with the same make and model. It's working pretty flawless as of now. Tried farcry2, COH, call of duty 4, call of duty world of war, nba 2k9 and all run smooth. Praying nothing ever goes wrong.