4800 Series - ATI is killing nVidia.... Check out this video

Narynan

Jul 9, 2008
My bet is ... yes. Yes he does.

HEY! You up there. Working for ATI! Could you please have them call me to fix my computer, otherwise I am going to go nVidia!

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
It costs money to post "official" advertisements here at AT. And trying to post them here on the forum without paying for a sponsored spot will get your thread deleted as "AMDJulie" found out a couple of weeks ago when she tried to advertise an AMD webcast. I'm guessing that was the work of one of their PR people, Julie Lass.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I'm not sure if this is official ATI sponsored crap or not, but if it is my advice to ATI would be to take a good hard look at the fallout of NVIDIA's previously exposed viral marketing campaign. It certainly didn't help NVIDIA's image with forums like AT one bit.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Speaking of viral marketing...
It looks like that Julie Lass/AMDJulie person (assuming they're one and the same) runs a PR firm.
Web 2.0 Marketing: blogs, rss, podcasts
Straight-to-consumer marketing has evolved along with technology, particularly with the popularity of iPods and other handheld devices. Marketers have to evolve as well, from counting on one-sided website or direct email communication to interactive, subscription-based tactics. more
Protecting your online reputation
If you don't like what you find or see about yourself on the Web there's a growing community of companies that can expunge or at least water down the bad stuff and save your reputation - for a price, of course. more
ORLY...

Ick. Didn't AMD get into trouble with their viral marketing tactics a few years back? Might have been some other company.

Anyone remember EdzAviator? Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth :roll:.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Originally posted by: nitromullet
I'm not sure if this is official ATI sponsored crap or not, but if it is my advice to ATI would be to take a good hard look at the fallout of NVIDIA's previously exposed viral marketing campaign. It certainly didn't help NVIDIA's image with forums like AT one bit.

well, at least with this samivesusu guy we know what he is. nvidia got into trouble with rollo and company when they denied and denied, finally getting members in good standing banned. this dude just threw up a link to a clearly biased video so he's completely transparent.