45% of Americans Do Not Contribute Any Federal Income Taxes...

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
In Mexico, workers average 45 hours a week, the most of any industrialized nation. They work about 519 hours more than the typical American worker each year, only to earn less than a fifth of the pay.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Sorry but 45 hours doesn't cut it. 50+? When Americans are working 6 days a week @ 12 hours a day then you can say that Americans work hard. By the way, that's 72 hours a week. That's working hard.

Face it. Many people only do enough to get by. There is a difference between the rich and everyone else. People who are driven are giving much more than the normal 9-5 workweek. Even when many people are "working" how many are actually goofing off, and doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

This is just my opinion. I am not saying that I'm better than anyone else. I'm not. Let's be real though. Many people who have gotten the financial success that they were able to obtain did so by busting their asses. They are not trust fund babies. 50 hours is nothing when you want to be wealthy. These people work 70, 80 hours. Even 100+ hours is not unheard of.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Sorry but 45 hours doesn't cut it. 50+? When Americans are working 6 days a week @ 12 hours a day then you can say that Americans work hard. By the way, that's 72 hours a week. That's working hard.

Face it. Many people only do enough to get by. There is a difference between the rich and everyone else. People who are driven are giving much more than the normal 9-5 workweek. Even when many people are "working" how many are actually goofing off, and doing things that they shouldn't be doing.

This is just my opinion. I am not saying that I'm better than anyone else. I'm not. Let's be real though. Many people who have gotten the financial success that they were able to obtain did so by busting their asses. They are not trust fund babies. 50 hours is nothing when you want to be wealthy. These people work 70, 80 hours. Even 100+ hours is not unheard of.
Hence 22hr work weeks. So glad those countries are booming.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Or spend into debt. Unable to face the hard issues of what makes a person or a nation prosperous.

-John