45 min Bus Ride vs. 15 min Car Ride

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
I happen to be one of the worst drivers ever !

My ADD is through the roof and I tend to get in wrecks and make traffic violations ALL THE TIME !

I'm pretty much sick of the whole driving thing.

I think I would rather take the 45 min bus ride to work than drive my car for even 15 min.

Any thoughts ?

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Wow. I would never want to do that but if you're very life is in jeopardy due to your problem then it sounds like your best option. Is there any medication you can take?

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Go get professional help to find the root cause, get treated and lead a happier, calmer, less accidental life.. lol

Seriously, this behavior must also show up in other aspects of your life. You need to learn how to control it and hopefull improve your quality of life.

Good Luck!

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
the sheer cost of traffic tickets + damage repairs + through the roof insurance rates = OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT !

plus I think I am a danger to other people when I am out on the road.

As far as taking meds : I have tried all of the speed based stuff (Ritalin, Adderol, Cylert, etc.) and they just make me lose appetite. They never really help me focus.

polm

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
I'm looking into "Strattera" which is a speed free ADD medication.

Anyone here tried it ?

marquee

Banned
Aug 25, 2003
If you had ADD, wouldnt you have problems remembering to get off at the right stop? Maybe the bus isn't the right solution for you either.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Sounds like the bus ride is what you need then. I'd also focus on finding the root of your troubles.