43% Of Americans are Anti-Semites: ADL Poll finds 43% of Americans Believe Israel a Threat to World Peace

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Spencer278
It is not even a bad thing. If Israel wasn't a threat to would peace some other nation could just rule over her. Kind of like how Iraq wasn't a threat made it so easy to kick there asses.

What country is Israel a threat to?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Or is it just a fact that Israel exists?; they are a thorn is some-ones side that creates a problem with peace.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: Shanti
Of course Israel is a threat to world peace they have been in more wars then germany. Israel wants to expand and has a very powerfull miltary that they use alot. They also have nukes so yes they are a threat to world peace.

They also have ICBMs.

I still hold by my original statement about Israel though. The Israeli government is just poorly structured and the current PM is just too dangerous to be in charge.

Why do you hate Jews?
Fvck you, you damn Nazi.
;)

Yeah, I really hate myself a lot.

ahh another self-hating jew!

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Of course Israel is a threat to world peace they have been in more wars then germany. Israel wants to expand and has a very powerfull miltary that they use alot. They also have nukes so yes they are a threat to world peace.

They also have ICBMs.

I still hold by my original statement about Israel though. The Israeli government is just poorly structured and the current PM is just too dangerous to be in charge.

Why do you hate Jews?
Fvck you, you damn Nazi.
;)

Yeah, I really hate myself a lot.
I was using the same logic as the thread title.
You think Israel is a threat? You must be an anti-semite.

Seriously though.
Israel is a threat because they have the military power to respond in a big way if any of the arab countries decide to attack them in a more blatant way than just sending suicide bombers to murder children.
I thouht it was interesting that they had planned to assasinate Saddam in retaliation for the SCUD attacks. Seems a little odd that they would scrap that plan simply because of a training accident though.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
It is not even a bad thing. If Israel wasn't a threat to would peace some other nation could just rule over her. Kind of like how Iraq wasn't a threat made it so easy to kick there asses.

What country is Israel a threat to?

Every country in the middle east. If Israel wanted to she could attack any near by country. See the threads about if Israel should take out the Iran nuclear reactor and when the blew up Saddams nuclear reactors.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002

Every country in the middle east. If Israel wanted to she could attack any near by country. See the threads about if Israel should take out the Iran nuclear reactor and when the blew up Saddams nuclear reactors.

:eek:
Saddam had nuclear reactors?
No, it's just another Bush lie. All made up. Can't believe you fell for the neocon brainwashing.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: InfectedMushroom
By what fvcked up logic do you equate "Believe Israel a Threat to world peace" with "Anti-Semites"????????

same logic some forum members brought up when the discussion was Europeans find Israel the biggest threat to world peace

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
By what fvcked up logic do you equate "Believe Israel a Threat to world peace" with "Anti-Semites"????????

same logic some forum members brought up when the discussion was Europeans find Israel the biggest threat to world peace

ahhh. i see. following the same type of logic as our very bright president, mr W.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002

:eek:
Saddam had nuclear reactors?
No, it's just another Bush lie. All made up. Can't believe you fell for the neocon brainwashing.

Yeah in 1981 nice to know the neocons have such new intel.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
there is a certain antisemitism that allows certain people to hold palestinians to a lower standard then israelis when it comes to political tactics. the yelling and screaming about israel while palestinians choose to kill civilians as their tool of choice. these same people are rather quiet when it comes to other stateless people like tibetans that have far stronger claims to soveriegnty.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

yeah

there is a thread somewhere about an European poll that has more or less the same result
I'm going to apply the same logic like a lot of the YABA's in that thread

"Americans are anti-semites"

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
there is a certain antisemitism that allows certain people to hold palestinians to a lower standard then israelis when it comes to political tactics. the yelling and screaming about israel while palestinians choose to kill civilians as their tool of choice. these same people are rather quiet when it comes to other stateless people like tibetans that have far stronger claims to soveriegnty.

ofcorse people expect more of the only democracy in the middle east that pride themselves of trying to be a part of the western world

if we were to talk about tibet then we would probably all agree, thats why its not a hot topic here

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002

anti-chinamite.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: freegeeks

yeah

there is a thread somewhere about an European poll that has more or less the same result

The problem is that Europe is commonly viewed as racist, resentment towards immigrants, etc. So when people see a poll like that from Europe, it further advances that stereotype.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

anti-chinamite.

Isn't that some sort of explosive protection ;)

Andy

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
these same people are rather quiet when it comes to other stateless people like tibetans that have far stronger claims to soveriegnty.

Sort of like how many on this forum are pretty quiet about Turkey's involvement in atrocities against Kurds in their region, but will demonize Saddam for doing essentially the same thing? Get used to it, I did.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: lozina
these same people are rather quiet when it comes to other stateless people like tibetans that have far stronger claims to soveriegnty.

Sort of like how many on this forum are pretty quiet about Turkey's involvement in atrocities against Kurds in their region, but will demonize Saddam for doing essentially the same thing? Get used to it, I did.

That was quite a while ago and it was also done by a completely different government. While you can't ignore what happened, you have to realize it was not the current government that did it, although problems do still remain between the Kurds and Turks. I mean, if we had to constantly hold into account what every nation has done in the past; who could avoid any type of scrutiny?

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
You really should have a job as a journalist.
"43% Of AMericans are Anti-Semites" is not what the article is about, nor what it finds, and it takes some very bad logic to make it so. I would be one of the 43%. Pissing contests are fine when it's votes, records and such, our politicians do it all the time. It's another when the pissing contest causes lots of innocent people to do, and more hate--real hate--to be spread. There are two basic solutions: give Israel what it needs to obliterate Palestine, or give Israel nothing and fund Palestine. Neither are good options for stopping it.

Teclis2323

Dec 27, 2002
idiot.
What were the official boarders of Israel when she was created?
How countries has Israel been at war with the past with?
They have nukes?

It is a religious states with goals of promoting it's religion. The only reason Israel isn't expanding faster is that the US would cut of the gravey train

Your information is flawed, Spencer. You mention that Israel has been in many wars - tell me, what do you consider Israel's role in these wars? Consider the war of independence, which happened when all 6 neighboring Arab countries attacked Israel after it declared independence. Consider the 6-Day war, which was also in defense of Israeli peace. Consider the Yom Kippur War, which was an attack launched by the Arabs on Israel on the Holiest day of the year - Yom Kippur. That's equivalent to the USA being attacked on Christmas, for all you gentiles. Consider the numerous suicidal Palestinian attacks on Israel over the past 20 years. Get your information straight before you go spouting off incorrect "facts."

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002

yeah

Yeah.
Interesting that this same ridiculous statement came from a Bush hater this time.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

yeah

Yeah.
Interesting that this same ridiculous statement came from a Bush hater this time.

It is obviously sarcasm.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sandorski

yeah

Yeah.

It is obviously sarcasm.
I would have thought so, but I also thought this was sarcasm:
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Drugs in and of themselves are terrorism. They are a threat to our society, and should be ruthlessely stamped out along with those who pedal them to our people.
but I was wrong.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

yeah

Yeah.

It is obviously sarcasm.
I would have thought so, but I also thought this was sarcasm:
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Drugs in and of themselves are terrorism. They are a threat to our society, and should be ruthlessely stamped out along with those who pedal them to our people.
but I was wrong.

Different thread, different subject. If you had read the other thread this one is based on, you'd realize this was sarcasm meant to tweak Euro/French bashers.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
If the ADL is most concerned with anti-sematism, they should be concerned with getting rid of sharon. He is the worst thing for the image of israelis just as bush is for the image of americans.

Btw, whats the equivalent catchy racist term for those against the american political/economic agenda?