43% Of Americans are Anti-Semites: ADL Poll finds 43% of Americans Believe Israel a Threat to World Peace

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I believe the Israel/Palestine conflict to be a major and continuing obstacle to world peace. But not specifically Israel. Is it fair to assume that some people are not either understanding the question correctly or not thinking about what their answer means specifically?

Do you think anti-semitism is that rife?

Cheers,

Andy

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Makes sense. That almost exactly equals the percentage of registered democrats! :p

Not sure why the poll didn't ask the same question about palestine.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize
Makes sense. That almost exactly equals the percentage of registered democrats! :p

Not sure why the poll didn't ask the same question about palestine.

Because there is no such thing as Palestine.

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Originally posted by: miguel
That's sad.

Yes, everyone knows it is the Palestinians that are a threat to world peace.

I wouldn't go that far. THe situation is the threat, not the individuals.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Wow, nice misrepresentation.
And you wonder why I would make assumptions about you guys making stuff up.
You've just provided a nice clear example of lying.
Hopefully people will be smart enough to read the article and not jump to the incorrect conclusion that you are telling the truth.

43% of Amercians think Israel is a threat to world peace
DOES NOT MEAN these people are anti-semites.

There is a huge difference between hating people of a certain religion or ethnicity and thinking that a particular government is a threat to world peace.

I am a supporter of Israel and I agree they are a threat to world peace. Their reaction to attacks on their country and their people could do a great deal to anger other arab countries.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Not according to this thread:

link

The Palestinians are evil and are bent on wiping out Israel, all Jews, and the entire Western world. Everyone knows that.

ohh yeah...and to negotiate with them would be to give in to terrorism.

ITJunkie

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2003
www.techange.com
Personally, I wouldn't read too much into this. To be honest, Israel has done some things in the last year to inflame that situation. As has Palestine.

But to translate my disagreement with how they both are handling the situation as anti-semitism, one way or the other, is patently false.

I think their current leaderships bullish stance in that area of the world contributes greatly to the inflated numbers.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Alchemize:

A lot of Jews are Democrats, which gives that little trial balloon of yours at least one major leak. :)

Sharon's government is an impediment to peace in the region. Of course, Arafat is a threat to peace. :)

Anyway, "threat" is too strong a word.

Bush is a much bigger threat to world peace than Israel. By an order of magnitude at least. Stupidity is always an obstacle to peace....

-Robert

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
I don't think Israel is a world threat. I think Sharon being the PM of Israel is a threat though.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Of course Israel is a threat to world peace they have been in more wars then germany. Israel wants to expand and has a very powerfull miltary that they use alot. They also have nukes so yes they are a threat to world peace.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Spencer278
Of course Israel is a threat to world peace they have been in more wars then germany. Israel wants to expand and has a very powerfull miltary that they use alot. They also have nukes so yes they are a threat to world peace.

Anti-Semite

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003

They also have ICBMs.

I still hold by my original statement about Israel though. The Israeli government is just poorly structured and the current PM is just too dangerous to be in charge.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Strk

They also have ICBMs.

I still hold by my original statement about Israel though. The Israeli government is just poorly structured and the current PM is just too dangerous to be in charge.

Why do you hate Jews?
Fvck you, you damn Nazi.
;)

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

Anti-Semite

idiot.
What were the official boarders of Israel when she was created?
How countries has Israel been at war with the past with?
They have nukes?

It is a religious states with goals of promoting it's religion. The only reason Israel isn't expanding faster is that the US would cut of the gravey train.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Shanti

They also have ICBMs.

Why do you hate Jews?
Fvck you, you damn Nazi.
;)

Yeah, I really hate myself a lot.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I don't think Israel is a world threat. I think Sharon being the PM of Israel is a threat though.

If someone says Israel is a threat to world peace, they mean the actions of the country. The actions of the country and determined by who is in control, that being Sharon, saying Israel is a threat to world peace is the same as saying Sharon is a threat to world peace.

And it's not anti-semitism, it's opinion. That people from Israel are Jews has nothing to do with why they are hated If it was others (atheists/Christians etc instead of Jews, opinion would be the same if the actions were the same.) It's the actions not the people.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Spencer278The only reason Israel isn't expanding faster is that the US would cut of the gravey train.

and their oil wells are almost empty ever since the free oil from the Shah of Iran stopped flowing in 70s, so they have to buy it off the world market... but hopefully a pipeline from Iraq into Haifa will gets things rolling again
:D

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Lonyo

If someone says Israel is a threat to world peace, they mean the actions of the country. The actions of the country and determined by who is in control, that being Sharon, saying Israel is a threat to world peace is the same as saying Sharon is a threat to world peace.

And it's not anti-semitism, it's opinion. That people from Israel are Jews has nothing to do with why they are hated If it was others (atheists/Christians etc instead of Jews, opinion would be the same if the actions were the same.) It's the actions not the people.

Exactly, I dont understand why these paranoid idiots are all clamoring over anything that is anti Israel is anti Semetic. By that same token, one can deduce that GWB is anti Muslim because he put Iran in the Axis of Evil (which one can reasonably presume, atleast according to GWB, is a threat to world peace).

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003

I understand what you mean, I just prefer to make it clear that the current government(Sharon) is the problem and a lot could be solved by a change in power.

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003

I understand what you mean, I just prefer to make it clear that the current government(Sharon) is the problem and a lot could be solved by a change in power.

The political leadership has failed the people on both sides and the extremists have relied on polarizing the two publics to get/stay in power.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
It is not even a bad thing. If Israel wasn't a threat to would peace some other nation could just rule over her. Kind of like how Iraq wasn't a threat made it so easy to kick there asses.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Knowing that Israel is a threat to world peace does not make you an anti-Semite. It just makes you intelligent.