41% of Americans want a wall between Canada & USA if one is built in between US & Mex

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...-the-canadian-border-to-keep-the-illegals-out

Failed Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker may feel some vindication in this number: 41 per cent of Americans say that if a wall is built along the Mexican border, one should also be erected on the Canadian one. And yes, the same percentage favors a wall erected along the nation’s southern border.

That's a big wall. The great wall of China is 6259 km of actual wall (wiki). The USA/Canada border stretches 8891 km, including Alaska's border. By way of rough estimate from this wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–United_States_border there is at least 2000km of border that runs through the great lakes. So really, the wall would only need to be 6891 km. Only 10% longer than the great wall of China.

Jake Crosan, 73, a retired truck driver from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, is someone who does favor a wall along the Canadian border, if one is built along the southern border.

“If you cut off one, they’re going to come in the other way,” said Crosan, a Trump supporter. “It’s desolate up there in some places on the Canadian border and they’ve gotta do something up there to stop them from coming in.”

Asked if he worried of the cost of such a project, Crosan said it would be a good investment for the government and American people. “The money we would save by keeping the illegals out would pay for itself,” he said. “They’re taking our jobs, and the more people we get back to work, they pay taxes. It’ll pay for itself.”

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
40c21fa7525f26f02426a646fbff5a2b.jpg

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Building a huge wall would actually be a great method of wealth redistribution. Taxes will pay the workers, who will probably mostly be minimum-education illegal immigrants, people who could really use the money.

It's a win-win plan.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
The idea of illegal immigrants building the mexico-america wall is just too hilarious. I would have to vote for Trump just to see if something that stupid could actually happen.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Building a huge wall would actually be a great method of wealth redistribution. Taxes will pay the workers, who will probably mostly be minimum-education illegal immigrants, people who could really use the money.

It's a win-win plan.

Not if Trump gets his way and Mexico pays for the wall. Or in this case, Canada.

There's no chance in hell that Canada would ever pay for such a thing.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This only makes sense. If you build a wall only between Mexico and the US, the Mexicans will just come in over the Canadian border.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Building a wall would be great - to show the world how stupid we are.

A wall works to stop an army or a horde of marauders, not people who are invited in by 'job creators' (who are looking for cheap undocumented labor).

Now, you are going to tell me it's social programs that lure these leeches in,.. well, this 41% wants to build a wall at Canada - Canada has a better health system than the US'. So, why would an illegal skip over the US to get to Canada (where the social programs are better) to get into the US?

The answer; they wouldn't.

This is the usual xenophobes who fear everything and anything that does not look, act and speak like them. Hey, how about the coasts? Need to put up some sea walls as well. Close off all beaches.

This wall business is just plain idiotic and needs to stop, we look like raging morons.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
This only makes sense. If you build a wall only between Mexico and the US, the Mexicans will just come in over the Canadian border.

Long swim to get to Canada

Only a land wall would be needed
Anyone trying to swim/boat from Lake Superior eastward should be granted access for perseverance.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Also, walls are defensive measures in the theater of war, not immigration control. To associate immigration with war and 'counter' it with a military measure goes to show you how fearful 'Muricans are.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
As the war on drugs have proven, if the incentives to illegally trespass and occupy is greater than the penalty for doing it, then a wall, no matter how long, high, deep and wide just isn't going to solve the problem.

And as with the failed war on drugs, if we could eliminate the demand, where in the case of illegal immigration it would result in heavy fines, being branded as traitors committing an seditious act and mandatory extended jail sentences for the US citizens that employ the illegals, things might actually work.

Simply put, no demand = no supply. What the Repubs in Congress are doing is simply diverting the blame away from their big business buddies who gladly employ the illegals with no penalty while fixating the problem on the illegals to pander for votes so they can maintain the status quo of having available a constant supply of dirt cheap labor pouring in from across the borders.

And yes, the Dems are also complicit in the problem for their own reasons.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Bah. I said it once, and I'll say it again; the irony is intense.

White men, in the red and orange man's country, saying that orange people shouldn't be coming over...Hurgy bleh, you guys.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I don't see 10s of millions of impoverished Canadians converting entire States to their majority control.

So... no problem, no wall. Poverty apparently flows from the equator.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Long swim to get to Canada

Only a land wall would be needed
Anyone trying to swim/boat from Lake Superior eastward should be granted access for perseverance.

Really? It only takes a few hours to powerboat across lake huron, and its ~75km in the middle area. Would be incredibly easy to traffic illegals across. Lake ontario and erie are both smaller than huron.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I don't see 10s of millions of impoverished Canadians converting entire States to their majority control.

So... no problem, no wall. Poverty apparently flows from the equator.

You've never been to Minnesota?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I would gladly put up a wall all along the border with Canada if it would only prevent another Justin Bieber from crossing over.

Last edited:

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I don't even bother locking my door much less close it. If criminals want to enter they will.

Immigration is also what made the US great, so it's a shame to see so many Americans want to stop it.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Isn't expecting the US to keep illegals out a form of victim blaming? Those illegals should just stay out on their own.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Eh? ():)
No I have not. Feel free to enlighten me.
You have a lot of illegal Canadians up there?

lol I'm Canadian. Was just making a joke. No idea if Minnesota has a lot of Canadians - just seems like it would be the place to go for a Canadian.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Really? It only takes a few hours to powerboat across lake huron, and its ~75km in the middle area. Would be incredibly easy to traffic illegals across. Lake ontario and erie are both smaller than huron.

The illegals still need to get to Canada itself.

They can not walk in like they do into Mexico.

Flying in - customs
If they can swim in; all the more power.

It would be a small amount that will come in via water; I have faith that Canada can handle those.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Given that Canada is a FAR superior place to live than America, how will Americans slip into Canada if there is wall?