40000 Nevadans potentially exposed to HIV/Heptatits

K1052

Lifer
Aug 21, 2003
42,404
24,430
136
Holy shit.

That center and its staff is going to get sued into oblivion (and rightly so).
 

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
16,431
3
0
And this is why I try to never, EVER go to a doctor or hospital for ANYTHING if possible. I just let my body heal itself.

I've heard enough shit from my mom who is in RN about crap that happens.
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
Well hopefully what happens in Vegas truly does stay in Vegas.

KT
 

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
21,207
65
91
Reusing syringes?

Most times you see the nurse rip open the plastic to get to it. Didn't people see an open syringe laying there most of the time? Did they have it wrapped in Saran Wrap?

Reusing syringes isn't even easy because most times the plungers get hard to move after one use.
 

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
18,927
0
76
I wonder who whistle blew on this? I'm thankful that they did. My mom and little brother (step dad just died RIP), live in LV. I hope this hasn't hit them and I hope that nobody has truly been affected by this.
 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
12
56
:| :| :|

there is no excuse for reusing syringes.. absolutely no excuse. :|
those involved should lose their licenses/jobs immediately.

The Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada is a high-volume gastrointestinal practice where colonoscopies are frequently performed. Reuse of syringes and vials at the facility was a "common practice" undertaken by everyone from doctors to technicians, health officials said.
 

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
22,995
775
126
Interestingly, this company is a Limited Liability Company... would there be a way to sue the owners even though it's an LLC? Negligence at this type of magnitude should allow people to sue the hell out of the business and the owners. I hope the owners go to jail too.
 

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
21,335
1
81
Originally posted by: moshquerade
:| :| :|

there is no excuse for reusing syringes.. absolutely no excuse. :|
those involved should lose their licenses/jobs immediately.

The Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada is a high-volume gastrointestinal practice where colonoscopies are frequently performed. Reuse of syringes and vials at the facility was a "common practice" undertaken by everyone from doctors to technicians, health officials said.
Lose their license/jobs?

How about go to jail for the rest of their fucking lives. They essentially rolled the dice with the lives of 40,000 people.
 

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
12,381
95
86
We do that all the time.










When we go to foreign countries. We sterilize them out between cases though.

 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
12
56
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: moshquerade
:| :| :|

there is no excuse for reusing syringes.. absolutely no excuse. :|
those involved should lose their licenses/jobs immediately.

The Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada is a high-volume gastrointestinal practice where colonoscopies are frequently performed. Reuse of syringes and vials at the facility was a "common practice" undertaken by everyone from doctors to technicians, health officials said.
Lose their license/jobs?

How about go to jail for the rest of their fucking lives. They essentially rolled the dice with the lives of 40,000 people.
i said "immediately". jail time wouldn't occur immediately (charges, bail, trial, lawyers, jury, etc.), but i agree that it would be justified.
 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
12
56
Originally posted by: Slew Foot
We do that all the time.










When we go to foreign countries. We sterilize them out between cases though.
what do you mean "we do that all the time"?

ask yourself... would you like the same syringes used on you or your family members? :confused:
 

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
1,709
0
0
Originally posted by: Phokus
Interestingly, this company is a Limited Liability Company... would there be a way to sue the owners even though it's an LLC? Negligence at this type of magnitude should allow people to sue the hell out of the business and the owners. I hope the owners go to jail too.
Limited Liability mainly refers to the company's finances. Its employees can still be sued for incompetence... at the very least, the company can still be sued to death. Either way, they won't be in business for long.
 

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
1,151
0
0
Wow, sick.

They destroyed many lives, it is only fair they destroy the incompetent dumbasses who did it.
 

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
13,544
44
91
Well I guess if I ever go to the doctor again they are definately opening that shit in front of me from now on.
 

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
27,709
11
81
Man, crack addicts re-use needles... I figured you'd have to be that desperate to do such a thing.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY