40 Dead , 100 Injured In Casablanca Terrorist Bombings

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Osama again?:|

I'm hearing breaking news now about another bombing in Saudi Arabia. This is going to be a long summer.

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
The terrorists are going to fsck with almost every country blaming the US action in Iraq as their motivation. We will in time see if this does indeed alienate these countries against the USA or not.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

syria can wait. The Wall Street Journal this morning indicates that Iran will be next. Al Quaeda's got three bigshots hiding there, they are developing chemical, nuclear and biological weapons and our Iraq scenario hasn't caused them to pee in their pants. In for a penny, in for a pound, right? Osama's alive and Mullah Omar. Life is great. There's only a billion Muslims. Prop up the old Saud family. I'm going to vote for Governor Bush. He promised no nation building and no use of the military to free people.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: fluxquantum
i assume al qaeda is responsible.

don't forget Saddam :)

he is still capable of financing those terrorists with truckloads of Iraqis dinnars and US dollars he got out from the central bank and his stockpile of "hidden" WMD :)

long live mr. Bush, please protect us from those scary big bully who is part of the axis of evil...
maybe we should start a new alliance/coallition, the axis of God, starring US as the main God, british as the lesser God, Poland as the son of God, Australia as the God messenger...

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: cpumaster
Originally posted by: fluxquantum
i assume al qaeda is responsible.

don't forget Saddam :)

he is still capable of financing those terrorists with truckloads of Iraqis dinnars and US dollars he got out from the central bank and his stockpile of "hidden" WMD :)

long live mr. Bush, please protect us from those scary big bully who is part of the axis of evil...
maybe we should start a new alliance/coallition, the axis of God, starring US as the main God, british as the lesser God, Poland as the son of God, Australia as the God messenger...

I have not heard of Saddam being linked or blame for either of these attacks. However Iraqi "diplomats" were arrested for planning theri very own terrorist attacks.

If the US has credible evidence that AL-Qaidi is hiding and directing actions in Iran they should present the evidence to the rest of the world and let Iran make a choice.

BTW way he did not take Iraqi dinars, he took 900 million in US cash and 100 million in Euro's, most of which was recovered.

I have not heard anyone in the administration state they felt Saddam was hiding with a stockpile of WMD. You joke as to the likelyhood his banned weapons were hidden? Jokes on you then, that pattern was well established over a 12 year period.

Don't forget, just because we have not found them doesn't mean they are gone, it still means the same thing as before the war, out of the THOUSANDS of TONS of WMD Iraq ADMITTED having, TONS are still UNACCOUNTED for.

So what happened to them?

Us intelligence has been trying to warn people about these attacks, maybe now people will listen...

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
welcome to the results of the Bush Regime's aggression...the game is shifting into high gear for humble pie

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
blast reported in hebron moments ago...

Is that in US? should we even care? Oh, I forget, our policy & security depend on Israel....
I rather Bush show more care about the victims of recent tornado & other disaster inside US...
BTW, the way the admin been categorizing the attack, seemed like noone care anymore about the diff. between Al-Qaeda, Saddam, Iran, Syria Hamas, Hezbollah, other islamic groups... they're all the same....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I hate to think what Al Quada has planned for the US. I get a horrible feeling they'd like to top the last one.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
welcome to the results of the Bush Regime's aggression...the game is shifting into high gear for humble pie

Really? So what actions by Bush brought about 9/11? And why are non-american targets now being hit? Great logic once again, ebverything is Bush's fault. Your as predictable as counting Phily....

the administration has no evidence to substantiate claims that Al-Qaida is responsible for this attack, which is why they have NOT claimed so, even though it mathces their MO.

The only people I se making generalizations CPU is YOU. You are blaming Bush for something that has not even been done( stating Al-Qaida was responsible with no evidence ), because you think this is the way he thinks and acts, try living in the real world someday, nobody has been assignedblame YET here.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I hate to think what Al Quada has planned for the US. I get a horrible feeling they'd like to top the last one.

i think we're damned if we do, damned if we don't on that count

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
The only people I se making generalizations CPU is YOU.

Ummm...you been reading the threads in this forum? Generalizations are rampant on both sides of the table...

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
i was just simply pointing out that the american aggression in the middle east (in this case, iraq) would compoundly spawn more terror incidents, as had been forseen before the iraq war actually started

and the terror bombings we now have are spawned because of the bush regime's iraqi aggression

bush has caused terror to rise, just as had been predicted

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
i was just simply pointing out that the american aggression in the middle east (in this case, iraq) would compoundly spawn more terror incidents, as had been forseen before the iraq war actually started

and the terror bombings we now have are spawned because of the bush regime's iraqi aggression

bush has caused terror to rise, just as had been predicted

I thought there wasn't any link between Iraq and Al Queada. Now you seem to be saying that there is. Interesting.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
All the apologists here are blaming the US for escalating the war against al-qaeda (terrorism). It seems like they've forgotten that al quaeda was blowing people and buildings up well before Operation Iraq Freedom and before Bush came to power. Now that Iraq has been won over, the apologists continue with their baseless diatribe as to how every attack will be because of our "aggression" in iraq. You guys are truly a sad (prejudicial and stupid) bunch.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Dari
All the apologists here are blaming the US for escalating the war against al-qaeda (terrorism). It seems like they've forgotten that al quaeda was blowing people and buildings up well before Operation Iraq Freedom and before Bush came to power. Now that Iraq has been won over, the apologists continue with their baseless diatribe as to how every attack will be because of our "aggression" in iraq. You guys are truly a sad (prejudicial and stupid) bunch.

Do you think it possible that the Al Qaeda will use the Iraqi issue to incite more to join their ranks? All those ousted Saddamites might be real upset and upset enough now that they've lost their power to join up for the purpose of getting US support at home to dwindle? This is a question not an opinion..

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: HJD1
Originally posted by: Dari

Do you think it possible that the Al Qaeda will use the Iraqi issue to incite more to join their ranks? All those ousted Saddamites might be real upset and upset enough now that they've lost their power to join up for the purpose of getting US support at home to dwindle? This is a question not an opinion..

Only lemmings will blindly follow al-qaeda foot soldiers to their graves. Unlike what many have feared, rational arabs will look at Iraq. Judging from how it turns out, that will be their opinion of America and its influence.

Anyone that blames the United States for every attack by a suicidal and virulent islamic group in foreign countries with their own security appartus are either appeasers willing to do anything to accomodate an enemy or fools that don't understand the whole story (or both).

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: etechI thought there wasn't any link between Iraq and Al Queada. Now you seem to be saying that there is. Interesting.

I said nothing of the sort. Simply, I said that the Bush Regime's aggression in the Middle East would cause terroristic repercussions. I never linked Iraq to Al-Quaida. I think you should take care to not stick words in my mouth.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Only lemmings will blindly follow al-qaeda foot soldiers to their graves. Unlike what many have feared, rational arabs will look at Iraq. Judging from how it turns out, that will be their opinion of America and its influence.

Anyone that blames the United States for every attack by a suicidal and virulent islamic group in foreign countries with their own security appartus are either appeasers willing to do anything to accomodate an enemy or fools that don't understand the whole story (or both).
----------------------------
Yeah, I'm really sure they care about your opinion. You didn't answer HJD1's real question. The mental state of terrorists is of little consequence compared tot their numbers and their bombs.

I think we, by out agression, will increase the agression against us. Everybody has to get even.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

----------------------------
Yeah, I'm really sure they care about your opinion. You didn't answer HJD1's real question. The mental state of terrorists is of little consequence compared tot their numbers and their bombs.

I think we, by out agression, will increase the agression against us. Everybody has to get even.

I will state my opinion, whether they care about it or not. His real question as opposed to his stated question? Al Qaeda has been against american interefernce in middle eastern affairs. hell, they wanted the saudis to hire them to fight iraq in the first gulf war. our removal of hussein's regime only reimposes their conviction. Like I said earlier, the limmings have already decided to follow the legions of al qaeda foot soldiers to their graves. but the rational arabs will take a (skeptical but hopeful) wait and see approach to our engagement with Iraq. Unlike your fatalistic beliefs, I think that arabs are rational people that love freedom and democracy and would welcome american influence in the region. Your tit-for-tat opinion suggests that al-qaeda speaks for all arabs, which is asinine.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Dari,

Anyone that blames the United States for every attack by a suicidal and virulent islamic group in foreign countries with their own security appartus are either appeasers willing to do anything to accomodate an enemy or fools that don't understand the whole story (or both).[/quote]

My Opinion is that fear and anger are pretty strong motivators. The ex saddam Soldier who no longer is in power and fears reprisal from his former terrorized citizen will be favorably motivated to act in some manner consistant with payback. He has developed a self destruct attitude via anger by this time so Al Queada might provide the means to their final tada. As to the rational Iraqi... assuming there is a group not in power before that are still rational may also join with their own agenda fired by the Cleric force against any western influence... dig up the hidden WMD and be about business with their former Saddamite henchmen..

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: HJD1
Dari,

My Opinion is that fear and anger are pretty strong motivators. The ex saddam Soldier who no longer is in power and fears reprisal from his former terrorized citizen will be favorably motivated to act in some manner consistant with payback. He has developed a self destruct attitude via anger by this time so Al Queada might provide the means to their final tada.[/quote]

the ex-saddam soldier also has bills to pay, a future to look ahead to, and a family to provide for. His main concern is not in reprisal (because, like most conscripts, he was a low-level agent just doing his job). If iraq was a hopeless nadir like the Gaza Strip, Iran, or most of the Mid East, then I might agree with you. But it is now a beacon a hope that will soon realize its potential.