4 wrt54gs

ismail

Jun 9, 2005
hi....
i have 4 wrt54gs.
my ame is to connect 2 points by using these 4 wrt54Gs.
i use 4 becoz 2 point cant c eachother directly.
it is something like
LAN----wrt1-------mouuntain------wrt4--------LAN
w m w
i o i
r u r
e n e
l t l
e a e
s n s
s--wrt2-----cable---wrt3
i planed wrt1 and wrt4 as client mode (alchemy 1.0 final) and wrt2 and wrt3 ap mode(alchemy 1.0 final).with my configuration when
i connect a pc to wrt1 i can ping ip of wrt4(lan ip)but i can not ping any pc connected
to switch which wrt4 connected to.Do u know why.i am affraid that client mode doesnt
have this capability and i hope i made something wrong.could u help please.
is it possible or not?????or can u offer me the best solution.....thanx

TankGuys

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Originally posted by: ismail
hi....
i have 4 wrt54gs.
it is something like
w m w
i o i
r u r
e n e
l t l
e a e
s n s
s--wrt2-----cable---wrt3
i planed wrt1 and wrt4 as client mode (alchemy 1.0 final) and wrt2 and wrt3 ap mode(alchemy 1.0 final).with my configuration when
i connect a pc to wrt1 i can ping ip of wrt4(lan ip)but i can not ping any pc connected
to switch which wrt4 connected to.Do u know why.i am affraid that client mode doesnt

Consider posting in understandable English first.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: TankGuys
Originally posted by: ismail
hi....
i have 4 wrt54gs.
it is something like
w m w
i o i
r u r
e n e
l t l
e a e
s n s
s--wrt2-----cable---wrt3

Consider posting in understandable English first.

Please do.

ismail

Jun 9, 2005
HI again...
i am so sorry for my first post.i will try to explain again with my poor english:)
i want to communicate 2 points but i cant do it directly coz there is mountain between them:)So i will try to do it by two steps.i will do it by using 4 WRT54Gs.first 2 wrts will see
each other and the other will also see eachother wireleslly.it is something like
LAN----wrt54g-- wireless connection-- wrt54g---cable connection-- wrt54g----wireless connection---wrt54G-----LAN.
it is something like connection is passing around mountain.I planned to use wrt54Gs which 2 of them are connected to lan as client and other 2 are AP mode.i connected APs by cable.these two lan are 2 subnets.problem is when i connect a pc to first client wrt54g i can ping second client wrt54g but i cannot ping any computers on that LAN.is it possible to ping a pc behind the client wrt54g???if possible what should i do to achieve this???please help???i am sorry for my english i hope u understood.thanx

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
ismail, try using the same subnet for all the wrt54g's.
box 1-dhcp enabled, local address .1 wds enabled, with MAC from box 2
box 2 dhcp disabled local address .2 wds enabled with MAC from box 1
box 3 dhcp disabled local address .3 wds enabled with MAC from box 4
box 4 dhcp disabled local address .4 wds enabled with MAC from box 3

All boxes: gateway is box 1
2,3,4 are just switches cascaded off box 1's LAN.

You might need a crossover cabled from box2 to box 3, I dont know if those are full mdi/mdi-x

use the WAN port on box 1 ONLY.

ismail

Jun 9, 2005
hi skyking.thank u.
i can do this with WDS.now i use this.But when we use wds we divide the bandwith.And i will not use this connection for only internet.it is better for me to solve thiss problem without using WDS.is it possible to do this using two of them as client and the other two
as AP mode.when i try this i can ping from first to fourth one(these are working in client mode)but i can not ping to any other pc connected to same switch as fourth one.i wonder
if we can reach any pc which is connected to the same switch with a WRT54G which is working in client mode???or it is impossible(firmware is alchemy).thank u