Question 4 slots PCI cover/air filter

dolama72

Feb 3, 2023
I’m looking for a one-piece vented cover to be screwed I stead of the 4 pci slots covers below my graphics card.

The idea is to have something like an air filter allowing the air to pass through but reducing dust intake.

Currently I’m using 4 separated slots but it really doesn’t look great as it’s almost impossible to mount them perfectly parallel and without leaving gaps.
See pictures below.
1da0f654fcec96a84e8b4d60f052715a.jpg

Something 3D printed would also be ok but I could not find anything on the internet.

The port works mainly as an exhaust but in certain conditions the GPU vents suck-in air from the slots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Yeah, I was looking for something more “definitive”
There isn't anything that fits that definition. You're going to have to get creative. DT is the easiest option or cardboard or plastic if you're willing to put in the time to cut to fit.

The other option is to get PCI slot blanks that aren't vented for $10-$15 to fill them. There's always something that can be improved upon depending on your personal needs.

If dust is the concern then elevate the PC higher off the floor. I keep mine off the floor in a bookshelf and it runs 24/7 and is still spotless over a year later. There may be some dust on the fan fins but, the guts of it are clean. With proper airflow / velocity there shouldn't be much accumulation inside the case.

Another alternative is to put a water block on the GPU. Having run GPU's before this would be my approach if I were to venture into needing one again. They heat soak the case and elevate temps across the board when in use. The fan shrouds on them do the minimum to keep them from frying. Dealing with that much money tied up in one component though I would put i a little bit more just to keep it chilly. Even popping the fans off and changing the thermal paste to something else would be one of the first things i would be doing with them.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
You could make something fairly easily with some black flashing from the hardware store and a pair of tin snips.

Alternatively you could go with a vertical mount GPU bracket. These block almost all of the rear IO slots.
PXL_20230129_222541276.MP.jpg