4 port USB hub in the floppy slot

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by cakin, Jan 24, 2002.

1. cakin

cakin Golden Member

I saw this at a friends house, and he tossed the box it came in. He bought it out of town and doesn't remember where.

Who makes it? It is a 4 port hub, that fits in the 3.5 inch floppy drive slot at the front of your case.
    It has a cable that runs inside the box, outside a hole in a filler plate and plugs into you existing USB port.

2. Sorgon2

Sorgon2 Senior member

Here is a similar item that might work for you...click here. It is on sale as well. Good Luck!

3. CSFM

CSFM Senior member

I have one of these... I am in Australia though so you can't buy them from me... Well you could but it would cost a fortune to send it to you. So.... you could look for a company called 'ATEN' who make these sorts of things... they also make allot of other USB hubs and converters... also KVM switches.

My web site

Have a look at this one... remember that the pricing is in Australian dollars... you will be able to buy it for much less in the States. They are a very good hub... they fit into both 5 1/2 and 3 1/4 inch bays on your case.

Good luck!

-CSFM-

4. eplebnista

eplebnista Lifer

5. Hork

Hork Senior member

Any of these support USB 2.0?

6. MoFunk

MoFunk Diamond Member

<< Any of these support USB 2.0? >>

Probably not. 2.0 is still too new and there arent many USB 2.0 devises out there. Yet.

7. toshiba3020

toshiba3020 Banned

I put a 4 port usb hub in my 3.5" bay. Also added a headphone jack next to it. Sorry, cant take picts, but its not hard to do.

8. bignick

bignick Senior member

I've got the frontx setup. the usb plugs into my motherboard's extra usb ports. it's nice to have usb, joystick, and all audio up front where i can get to it.