Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: blackangst1

We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

Clue -- That doesn't excuse the treason, murder and torture your lying shithead Traitor In Chief and his criminal gang have committed. FUCK HIM! :|

I totally agree, I was never a fan of Clinton either

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

Clue -- That doesn't excuse the treason, murder and torture your lying shithead Traitor In Chief and his criminal gang have committed. FUCK HIM! :|

edit nvm lol You remind me of my 7 year old nephew when he gets his little train taken away :) I cant wait to see how pissed you get at the next president for whatever military conflict we shouldnt get involved in ;)

Anything you and every other brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophant says has been a continual spew of lies so don't worry about paying attention to it. Your seven year old nephew would know better, too.

Nice avoidance. As usual.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: sapiens74

I lol'd

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement?
You need serious help if you need an explanation why our justifications for WWII are different than the Iraq War. As far as military conflicts go, they are polar opposites.

Beef up on your WWII history.

On December 7th Japan attacked British, Dutch and American holdings with near simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific, including an attack on the American naval base of Pearl Harbor. These actions prompted the United States, United Kingdom, China, and other Western Allies to declare war on Japan. Italy, Germany, and the other members of the Tripartite Pact responded by declaring war on the United States.
The Japanese attacked us, and we responded by declaring war on them. Germany declared war on us first, not the other way around.

Oh JHC. No kidding. I never said WE declared war. Why would we go after Germany (Iraq) if Japan (AQ) attacked us? WTF? Because Hitler declared war? LOL Oh OK. What could Germany actually do? and how about Russia and Viet Nam? We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

So if Malaysia declares war on us we should go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...War_II#German_assaults

The Atlantic Ocean was a major strategic battle zone (Second Battle of the Atlantic) and when Germany declared war on the U.S., the East Coast of the United States offered easy pickings for German U-Boats (referred to as the Second happy time). After a highly successful foray by five Type IX long-range U-boats, the offensive was maximised by the use of short-range Type VII U-boats, with increased fuel stores, replenished from supply U-boats or "Milchkuh". From February to May, 1942, 348 ships were sunk, for the loss of 2 U-boats during April and May. U.S. naval commanders were reluctant to introduce the convoy system that had protected trans-Atlantic shipping and, without coastal blackouts, shipping was silhouetted against the bright lights of American towns and cities.

Germany was sinking American ships long before Americans even got close enough to fire a shot at a German. You are really grasping at straws in your desperation to validate the Iraq war somehow, by trying to invalidate World War II...

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004

I lol'd

seems I had the wrong shithead

Nyquil ftw!

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Firebot
How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement?
You need serious help if you need an explanation why our justifications for WWII are different than the Iraq War. As far as military conflicts go, they are polar opposites.

On December 7th Japan attacked British, Dutch and American holdings with near simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific, including an attack on the American naval base of Pearl Harbor. These actions prompted the United States, United Kingdom, China, and other Western Allies to declare war on Japan. Italy, Germany, and the other members of the Tripartite Pact responded by declaring war on the United States.
The Japanese attacked us, and we responded by declaring war on them. Germany declared war on us first, not the other way around.

Oh JHC. No kidding. I never said WE declared war. Why would we go after Germany (Iraq) if Japan (AQ) attacked us? WTF? Because Hitler declared war? LOL Oh OK. What could Germany actually do? and how about Russia and Viet Nam? We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

The Atlantic Ocean was a major strategic battle zone (Second Battle of the Atlantic) and when Germany declared war on the U.S., the East Coast of the United States offered easy pickings for German U-Boats (referred to as the Second happy time). After a highly successful foray by five Type IX long-range U-boats, the offensive was maximised by the use of short-range Type VII U-boats, with increased fuel stores, replenished from supply U-boats or "Milchkuh". From February to May, 1942, 348 ships were sunk, for the loss of 2 U-boats during April and May. U.S. naval commanders were reluctant to introduce the convoy system that had protected trans-Atlantic shipping and, without coastal blackouts, shipping was silhouetted against the bright lights of American towns and cities.

Germany was sinking American ships long before Americans even got close enough to fire a shot at a German. You are really grasping at straws in your desperation to validate the Iraq war somehow, by trying to invalidate World War II...

The Germans were as much as threat to us as Iraq is, yet we gave up a quarter of a million troops freeing Europe

I'm just saying it all depends on what you consider a worthwhile cause.

Apparently Brie and wine is and hummus and kebab's isn't

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005

The Germans were as much as threat to us as Iraq is, yet we gave up a quarter of a million troops freeing Europe

:shocked:Germany took over almost all of Europe, had already killed millions through its military might before the US had even entered the war, with only water stopping it from eliminating the allies from a whole continent. Iraq could barely take over Kuwait before being beaten to a pulp, and was rendered impotent.

Are you trying to argue that Germany was not a threat at all and we should never have gone to war with them (therefore also making the argument that Iraq was unneeded), or that Iraq was such an enormous threat to US freedom that Bush basically saved us from World War III? Which is it?

I can't believe the stupidity being displayed here. No wonder Bush got elected twice.

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
What could Germany actually do?
They attacked our allies, remember? Alliances are formed so countries can protect and aid each other during times of war.

Only if they directly attack us or a country that we've formed an alliance with.

Fair enough.

What about the Mexican War?

Why lump the countries of The Central Powers togehter in WW1? Half of them didnt attack an ally.

Who did Italy attack in WW2? Albania? LOL Who the fuck is Albania? OOohhhhh yeah. Mussolini declared war on UK and France to justify invading Africa :confused:

Right before the Korean War the US helped the Korean gov't boot out Japanese business owners and landowners to redistribute to Koreans. Still bitter about Pearl Harbor? LOL

How about Bay of Pigs? Hey! Let's overthrow a cruel dictator! (what a novel idea!) At least in Iraq we did...

Previously mentioned Russia. WTF? THAT was a civil war.

As was Viet Nam.

How about the Dominican Republic? Hey! Lets send troops to squash a powerful uprising of a dictator we dont like!

How about Lebanon? Hey now...we like the government in place there...we need to send troops to preserve it!

How about Grenada? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Panama? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Iraq circa 2002. Hey! We are tired of this leader so lets send in troops to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?) Yeah. So novel we've done it a dozen times before. As I said. dont give Bush credit for interfering where we werent invited. We've been doing it for over 100 years.

So past mistakes are justifications of future blunders? Hey lets have another Holocaust "cause Hitler did it"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dick Cheney also said Bush suffers the most from the dead soldiers.

Imagine that those pricks think Bush suffers more then the families of our dead men and women.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Dick Cheney also said Bush suffers the most from the dead soldiers.

Imagine that those pricks think Bush suffers more then the families of our dead men and women.

Bush suffers? He probably laughs, he's a sack of crap.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Man you realllly suck at comprehension. Quote me where I justified the Iraq war. I wont hold my breath. Let me say it in a more simple way so you can understand. My point is we have a history of involving ourselves in civil wars, and wars in which we werent invited. Over 100 years history. People seem so outraged about this war and somehow think he has abused his power. This is not only incorrect, but FUD and bullshit. We've done it dozens of times before. Read ALL my examples. See the difference?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

:shocked:Germany took over almost all of Europe, had already killed millions through its military might before the US had even entered the war, with only water stopping it from eliminating the allies from a whole continent. Iraq could barely take over Kuwait before being beaten to a pulp, and was rendered impotent.

Are you trying to argue that Germany was not a threat at all and we should never have gone to war with them (therefore also making the argument that Iraq was unneeded), or that Iraq was such an enormous threat to US freedom that Bush basically saved us from World War III? Which is it?

I can't believe the stupidity being displayed here. No wonder Bush got elected twice.

How about going through and reading the rest of my examples and tell us how THEY are justified.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: cliftonite
What could Germany actually do?
They attacked our allies, remember? Alliances are formed so countries can protect and aid each other during times of war.

Only if they directly attack us or a country that we've formed an alliance with.

Fair enough.

What about the Mexican War?

Why lump the countries of The Central Powers togehter in WW1? Half of them didnt attack an ally.

Who did Italy attack in WW2? Albania? LOL Who the fuck is Albania? OOohhhhh yeah. Mussolini declared war on UK and France to justify invading Africa :confused:

Right before the Korean War the US helped the Korean gov't boot out Japanese business owners and landowners to redistribute to Koreans. Still bitter about Pearl Harbor? LOL

How about Bay of Pigs? Hey! Let's overthrow a cruel dictator! (what a novel idea!) At least in Iraq we did...

Previously mentioned Russia. WTF? THAT was a civil war.

As was Viet Nam.

How about the Dominican Republic? Hey! Lets send troops to squash a powerful uprising of a dictator we dont like!

How about Lebanon? Hey now...we like the government in place there...we need to send troops to preserve it!

How about Grenada? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Panama? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Iraq circa 2002. Hey! We are tired of this leader so lets send in troops to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?) Yeah. So novel we've done it a dozen times before. As I said. dont give Bush credit for interfering where we werent invited. We've been doing it for over 100 years.

So past mistakes are justifications of future blunders? Hey lets have another Holocaust "cause Hitler did it"

No, I didnt say nor imply that AT ALL. My point, as Ive stated and you also have failed to grasp, is that Bush hasnt done anything outrageous nor has he abused any kind of power that so many presidents in the last century has abused. You give him too much credit. What dont you understand about modus operandi? And what makes you think we will stop interfering? We wont. It would be much more productive to bitch about things you can actually do something about. Complaining about the US butting into civil wars and other conflicts is like complaining about the heat in the Sahara desert. It's who we are, and who we have been for the last 100+ years.