Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Why are there two threads on the Iraqi death watch

Why are you more concerned with such trivial bullshit than you are about the fact that today is a benchmark day for your lying asshole Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal of liars, traitors, murderers and torturers?

I've posted in both threads so don't expect me to moderate them.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Harvey

Why are you more concerned with such trivial bullshit than you are about the fact that today is a benchmark day for your lying asshole Traitor In Chief and his criminal cabal of liars, traitors, murderers and torturers?

:thumbsup:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Benchmark? eh?

As for the bolded...well thats a given, Harv. I'll leave it at that.

Rustler

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2004
If we are comaring numbers how about the various adminstrations and the 50 thousand dead from Vietnam. I spent two tours of duty in Vietnam and when you join the military, you know the job is dangerous when you took it and the possiblity that you would be in harms way.

I guess we can lump JFK, LBJ and RMN in the same LYING, MURDERING, TORTURING TRAITOR beacause of their involvement in Vietnam.

Maybe Iraq wasn't the best move we could have made but, I think we have to stay there a while and hopefully bring some stability to the region.

Look at history and see how long we were in Japan after WWII.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

Benchmark? eh?

Thanks for being too chicken to address the question. :roll:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74
since numbers go in and out of fashion around here, based on their convenience, I figured I'd add a few myself...

Less than 1% of this nation has been directly impacted by our war casualties in Iraq (Servicemen/women, and their immediate friends and families). The other 99.1% have merely been annoyed by the ugly images on TV, our ever-increasing national debt, and slightly higher gasoline prices at the pump -- all of which are indirect effects.

Just an FYI.

Add to that world opinion of our country it's citizens flushed down the toilet.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
I lost a friend, and one of my buddies may never be the same for his injuries. I speak for those who fight when i say that they all died making a difference while doing one of the toughest jobs anyone could ever do.

If you want to count numbers, count your blessings and don't worry about these guys and gals that gave everything so that you don't have to. We do it for our families and for an idea that somehow the free countries of the world are worth it.

Besides, most of the people here counting numbers never have done anything more than whine behind the keyboard, and have never put "all-in" except at a poker game.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Rustler
If we are comaring numbers how about the various adminstrations and the 50 thousand dead from Vietnam. I spent two tours of duty in Vietnam and when you join the military, you know the job is dangerous when you took it and the possiblity that you would be in harms way.

I guess we can lump JFK, LBJ and RMN in the same LYING, MURDERING, TORTURING TRAITOR beacause of their involvement in Vietnam.

Maybe Iraq wasn't the best move we could have made but, I think we have to stay there a while and hopefully bring some stability to the region.

Look at history and see how long we were in Japan after WWII.

Because bashing GWB is the modus operandi on this board. for any reason including gas prices. No one gives a shit about the past. Just like no one gives a shit we've lost 110,000 people to drunk driving since 2002.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
What 4,000 names looks like.

I hit the 'down arrow' key on my keyboard, and it took about 2 minutes to scroll through the entire thing.

Makes me wonder what 90,000 dead Iraqis looks like.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
What 4,000 names looks like.

I hit the 'down arrow' key on my keyboard, and it took about 2 minutes to scroll through the entire thing.

Makes me wonder what 90,000 dead Iraqis looks like.
And that is a very conservative figure (90k). Complete f**king debacle, the entire thing.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Ferocious
Cheney On 4,000 Dead In Iraq:

"They Volunteered"

click

Yeah, and many of them "volunteered" campaign donations to Paul and Obama who promised to bring them home.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: sapiens74
I'm just happy many of you were not alive during WW1, WW2 or Korean War, or we would have never won
Clever! Comparing justified wars to unjustified ones.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I'm just happy many of you were not alive during WW1, WW2 or Korean War, or we would have never won

How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement? How about WW1? did Germany attack the US? How about the US involvement in Russia's civil war in 1918? A CIVIL WAR! How about Viet Nam? A CIVIL WAR!!!

(sounds familiar doesnt it?) Please. you make it sound like we're in virgin territory.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement? How about WW1? did Germany attack the US? How about the US involvement in Russia's civil war in 1918? A CIVIL WAR! How about Viet Nam? A CIVIL WAR!!!

(sounds familiar doesnt it?) Please. you make it sound like we're in virgin territory.

Germany declared war on the United States in WW2.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement?
You need serious help if you need an explanation why our justifications for WWII are different than the Iraq War. As far as military conflicts go, they are polar opposites.

Beef up on your WWII history.

On December 7th Japan attacked British, Dutch and American holdings with near simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific, including an attack on the American naval base of Pearl Harbor. These actions prompted the United States, United Kingdom, China, and other Western Allies to declare war on Japan. Italy, Germany, and the other members of the Tripartite Pact responded by declaring war on the United States.
The Japanese attacked us, and we responded by declaring war on them. Germany declared war on us first, not the other way around.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
How was going after Germany justified? How many Americans had the Third Reich killed prior to our involvement?
You need serious help if you need an explanation why our justifications for WWII are different than the Iraq War. As far as military conflicts go, they are polar opposites.

Beef up on your WWII history.

On December 7th Japan attacked British, Dutch and American holdings with near simultaneous offensives against Southeast Asia and the Central Pacific, including an attack on the American naval base of Pearl Harbor. These actions prompted the United States, United Kingdom, China, and other Western Allies to declare war on Japan. Italy, Germany, and the other members of the Tripartite Pact responded by declaring war on the United States.
The Japanese attacked us, and we responded by declaring war on them. Germany declared war on us first, not the other way around.

Oh JHC. No kidding. I never said WE declared war. Why would we go after Germany (Iraq) if Japan (AQ) attacked us? WTF? Because Hitler declared war? LOL Oh OK. What could Germany actually do? and how about Russia and Viet Nam? We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

So if Malaysia declares war on us we should go?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
What could Germany actually do?
They attacked our allies, remember? Alliances are formed so countries can protect and aid each other during times of war.

Only if they directly attack us or a country that we've formed an alliance with.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What could Germany actually do?
They attacked our allies, remember? Alliances are formed so countries can protect and aid each other during times of war.

Only if they directly attack us or a country that we've formed an alliance with.

Fair enough.

What about the Mexican War?

Why lump the countries of The Central Powers togehter in WW1? Half of them didnt attack an ally.

Who did Italy attack in WW2? Albania? LOL Who the fuck is Albania? OOohhhhh yeah. Mussolini declared war on UK and France to justify invading Africa :confused:

Right before the Korean War the US helped the Korean gov't boot out Japanese business owners and landowners to redistribute to Koreans. Still bitter about Pearl Harbor? LOL

How about Bay of Pigs? Hey! Let's overthrow a cruel dictator! (what a novel idea!) At least in Iraq we did...

Previously mentioned Russia. WTF? THAT was a civil war.

As was Viet Nam.

How about the Dominican Republic? Hey! Lets send troops to squash a powerful uprising of a dictator we dont like!

How about Lebanon? Hey now...we like the government in place there...we need to send troops to preserve it!

How about Grenada? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Panama? Hey! We dont like commy dictators so were going to send troops in to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?)

How about Iraq circa 2002. Hey! We are tired of this leader so lets send in troops to overthrow him! (novel idea huh?) Yeah. So novel we've done it a dozen times before. As I said. dont give Bush credit for interfering where we werent invited. We've been doing it for over 100 years.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

Clue -- That doesn't excuse the treason, murder and torture your lying shithead Traitor In Chief and his criminal gang have committed. FUCK HIM! :|

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

We have over a 100 year history of getting involved in declared and undeclared "wars" that werent directly provoked at us. Again, you make it sound like GWB thought this up.

Clue -- That doesn't excuse the treason, murder and torture your lying shithead Traitor In Chief and his criminal gang have committed. FUCK HIM! :|

edit nvm lol You remind me of my 7 year old nephew when he gets his little train taken away :) I cant wait to see how pissed you get at the next president for whatever military conflict we shouldnt get involved in ;)

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004

by the numbers on wiki we lost, for arguments sake, 250k lives freeing Europe

Germany never attacked us, nor would they have attacked mainlaind US or it's territories.

Why did we lose 250k lives for something that had nothing to do with us. We could have stopped at Tokyo and called it a day. Instead we wasted 250k lives, thats over 60x the current count in Iraq.

When does an a lost American Live count?

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

edit nvm lol You remind me of my 7 year old nephew when he gets his little train taken away :) I cant wait to see how pissed you get at the next president for whatever military conflict we shouldnt get involved in ;)

Anything you and every other brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophant says has been a continual spew of lies so don't worry about paying attention to it. Your seven year old nephew would know better, too.