• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

3DMark Vantage Splash Screen Flicker

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
I took my first shot at metrics last night with the new build (see sig). One thing I noticed immediately is that when I have SLI enabled, there is this slight flickering of the background color in the splash screen that preceeds each test. In the second (Calico) test, I also see the flickering in the test itself, in addition to the splash screen. If I disable SLI, the flickering appears to completely disappear.

Is this microstutter, or a different issue? This was also the first night I had the IPS panel connected -- I just installed the included drivers, but haven't done any additional calibration or setup steps with it yet.

FPS for SLI did scale nicely over a single card, though, pretty much 100%.

edit: the "flicker" looks like a slight change in color intensity, and is random...

Last edited:

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Fixed. Digital Vibrance control in nVidia Control Panel has a default setting of 50%; backed it off to 40%, problem solved.

ASK THE COMMUNITY