3DFX stock????

dogbite

Banned
Jan 3, 2000
What will happen to all the people that own stock in 3DFX,Will the get any Nvidia shares out of the buyout........

JohnGalt

Jun 17, 2000
No, 3dfx shareholders are screwed. Nvidia bought all the core assets, they did take any of the liabilities. So once 3dfx will pay back its creditors with the cash from Nvidia and, then pay the employees, and what's left, if there is any, will be distributed to shareholders.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
They might get some, but not many.... the buyout deal was mainly a cash one, only about $1M of the $110M (?) deal was for NVDA stock. You'd have to be holding a huge amount of TDFX to get an appreciable amount of NVDA in return.

Which kinda blows for the TDFX stockholders... it means most of that cash that's received will go to settle creditors and debts first. Any debt left over after it's gone will presumably be assumed by Nvidia, but by then it will be too late.

Let me put it to you this way - buying TDFX at this point thinking that you'll get NVDA out of the deal would be a VERY bad idea.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Normally, the stock of the purchaser goes down and the stock of the seller goes up...but we don't live in normal times in the Nasdaq.

Rectalfier

Golden Member
Nov 21, 1999
Anyone have a guess of what the price per share will be when it's all over? I bought 55 shares at 9 dollars a piece. I have a feeling I will end up with 5 bucks(10 cents a share) if I'm lucky. I guess I was stupid to think that they would recover. So much for Rampage. O well, Next time I will not buy stock when a company does not have the technology in hand.