3D labs Wildcat VP series

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
A bit more info on it here- directly from 3DLabs.
Beyond 3D has a bit of a tech preview on the here.

It's about time 3DLabs pulls out a reasonably low-end 3D rendering board.
The WildCat III is damn impressive in most aspects, but you pay big for the quality and features it offers.

From what little details are available it seems to be lacking quite a few driver orientied features that the WildCat III posesses, though that isnt a real surprise.
I'll be interested in the boards texture accuracy and sub-pixel precision compares to that of their high end WildCat III boards.

It's difficult to judge performance with only a few relatively SPEC View Perf testes done, and frankly I've never cared terribly much for View Perf results as it rarely equates well to real world capabilities in my experience.

This is also a decent indication of the hardware capabilities of the upcoming mainstream P10 boards.

May 15, 2002
:(
Looks like an interesting, if expensive, family of cards. I for one am very disappointed that no dual-DVI configuration is offered. Yes, the dual-link DVI is great for extremely high-resolution display panels, but I think they would have done well to also release a model that supports dual-DVI. GeForce4, Quadro4 and Parhelia all support dual-DVI (although the Parhelia is a bit weak, in that the two digital monitors must run at identical resolutions). I guess I'll stick with my FireGL4 for a while longer...