3D Glasses, whada you think?

BSEagle1

Oct 28, 2002
Whats your opinions on the 3d glasses for the geforce cards? Has anyone here tried them, and if so, whats the best brand?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
It looks cool initially, but then the flickering effect of the LCD "shutters" gets really annoying after about a minute, and then can result in a headache. They do their shutter effect only like 60x a second I think, and that's just not fast enough; it might be 30x a sec for each eye, 60 a second total, but I'm really not sure on those numbers at all. All I know from when I did try some Elsa 3d-glasses, Half-Life looked cool - the creatures and environment really popped out the way they should have - but it was just too dark, and it flickered too much because of the shutter action that the LCD windows on the glasses do, in order to produce the 3d-effect.

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
The glasses work at half your monitors refresh rate, I had to use the elsa ones at 140hz so that each eye was getting 70hz as they open / close on AFR

BSEagle1

Oct 28, 2002
Ack, that doesn't sound good. Maybe I can try some out somewhere or borrow from a friend. Otherwise, I'll just wait for the tech to improve.