3d animation--where to start

thelastmccabe

Apr 19, 2005
I want to use my pc I built for something other than games like 3d animation of some kind. I've got very little experience, the last thing I used was bryce in a hs class I took like 5 or 6 years ago. Yeah, I know, people really seem to hate bryce, but that's the only experience I've got, and I thought the controls and stuff were at least pretty intuitive. If someone could point me towards a program that is not too too hard to learn (i know it will be a pain to learn no matter what) that has a free trial or towards a website where I could get started learning, I'd appreciate it. I saw something called mojoworld for landscapes that looks neat, but I have no clue about any of this stuff. I would like something that I can use to make realistic looking3d settings, landscapes objects, not something like flash. Thanks for any suggestions.

thelastmccabe

Apr 19, 2005
I thought you were just mocking me and saying 'poor' in spanish or something, but then I googled povray. Heh, thanks.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: thelastmccabe
I thought you were just mocking me and saying 'poor' in spanish or something, but then I googled povray. Heh, thanks.

lol

I am random like that...:p

good luck with that...povray is really tedious but it gets you in the habit of well ,the tediousness....