Question 3990x threaadripper cooling

tech_n00b

Apr 5, 2020
Hey im a total tech noob here thanks for your help. I had a computer custom built recently with a 3990x threadripper. I compared my CPU running and idle temperatures with online results and am a little concerned Running 88 degrees and idle 60 degrees. My current CPU cooling is Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 120mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.
I'm not sure if this suitable. What other CPU coolers could i buy that would be easy to install myself.

tech_n00b

Apr 5, 2020
I have no idea was custom built from a store. I have a warranty maybe that will cover a reinstallation. If I continue to use my pc will it be at higher risk of getting damaged?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I have no idea was custom built from a store. I have a warranty maybe that will cover a reinstallation. If I continue to use my pc will it be at higher risk of getting damaged?
If serious about the cooler you are using, yes.

There should be no way that AIO is properly installed with the CPU you stated.

tech_n00b

Apr 5, 2020
If serious about the cooler you are using, yes.

There should be no way that AIO is properly installed with the CPU you stated.
Not sure what to tell you that is my computer I had built the CPU is in there according to system information. I wasn’t notified about any changes when building with the fan

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Not sure what to tell you that is my computer I had built the CPU is in there according to system information. I wasn’t notified about any changes when building with the fan
It sounds like you probably should talk with the person/company that built your PC then. That cooler is not compatible with your motherboard/CPU.