$380 for a G.I. Joe action figure?

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
I saw this on Egay!!! I have couple boxes of these back home :) I'll be rich!!!!!! :p

--Scsi

Edit: for grammar (sorry was too excited)

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Nooo! I had the complete collection. And I mean everything. Even the hard to find ones like Scarlet. And as I grew up it all got either thrown out or given away. Man, I even had the 5 ft long aircraft carrier USS Flagg.

Imagine what all that would be worth today?:Q

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Well, it may sound stupid but same goes with old sneakers. I had those Jordan sneakers a couple years ago and some other now-rare-shoes which I just really thraaaaaaashed on the court. I could slap me right now.

I ALSO HAD THIS G.I. Joe action figure!!! When I gonna have kids, I tell them to keep EVERYTHING. Damn.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: ndee
Well, it may sound stupid but same goes with old sneakers. I had those Jordan sneakers a couple years ago and some other now-rare-shoes which I just really thraaaaaaashed on the court. I could slap me right now.

I ALSO HAD THIS G.I. Joe action figure!!! When I gonna have kids, I tell them to keep EVERYTHING. Damn.

the key is they have to keep in in the box and not play with it.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: tm37
Originally posted by: ndee

the key is they have to keep in in the box and not play with it.

I gonna buy 2 of everything :)

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Yup....that's not too bad. I've seen some go for nearly $500. But that is Snake Eyes Version 2...one of, if not the most popular and rare figure ever made. The only one that could touch it would be, say, Storm Shadow V1 from 1984. I once paid about $40 for a open and complete Snake Eyes V2...and $35 for a open Storm Shadow. I don't collect the MOC(Mint on Card) figures, though, because they are too expensive for the most part. And remember, unless the figures you have are from around...eh, say, before 1987/86, you won't be making much cash at all.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
Nooo! I had the complete collection. And I mean everything. Even the hard to find ones like Scarlet. And as I grew up it all got either thrown out or given away. Man, I even had the 5 ft long aircraft carrier USS Flagg.

If the Flagg was mint and complete with all accessories/parts and no broken stuff, it would be worth probably $1000. More if you had the box and instructions, etc.

BTW, Scarlet was not hard to find. ;) :p

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
what kinda idiot pays $1000 for a plastic boat? You could buya REAL boat for that, and go drive it around a lake. Much more fun, IMO, than staring at a plastic one.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Yup....that's not too bad. I've seen some go for nearly $500. But that is Snake Eyes Version 2...one of, if not the most popular and rare figure ever made. The only one that could touch it would be, say, Storm Shadow V1 from 1984. I once paid about $40 for a open and complete Snake Eyes V2...and $35 for a open Storm Shadow. I don't collect the MOC(Mint on Card) figures, though, because they are too expensive for the most part. And remember, unless the figures you have are from around...eh, say, before 1987/86, you won't be making much cash at all.

I was born in 1982 and played with those thingies since I was 4 years old....

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
what kinda idiot pays $1000 for a plastic boat? You could buya REAL boat for that, and go drive it around a lake. Much more fun, IMO, than staring at a plastic one.

I guess it brings back memories. :eek:

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000

man you were some spolied kid...my parents gave me a rice ball to play with

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred

If you're rich enough, $1000 is equivalent to $10 for us. And in that case, $1000 converted to their money is $100,000 which may be enough to buy a yacht or something.

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: gregshin

man you were some spolied kid...my parents gave me a rice ball to play with

I was! Man, everytime they came out with a new season, I got every figure , every vehicle and all the accessories. I was an only child and my mother made sure I got everything I wanted, even though my family was lower middle class. She was really awesome. I was such a GI Joe freak.

Sometimes I flip on the cartoon channel and they will show the GI Joe reruns. I still have complete episodes memorized. Seeing those old shows brings back good memories of my childhood.

GI Joe, Transformers, playin games on my Commodore 64. The joys of being a kid in the 80's.
:)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
I would rate this item a C9, it would easily be a C9.5 without the hang tab wear.
MOC, U.S.CARD,C9 NICE

Snake Eyes (v2) was first released as part of the fourth series (1985).

US $380.00 (reserve met)

A C9 Snake Eyes v2, is only worth about $60-$120... whoever is paying $380 is nuts..... this isn't even certified C9... it's this guys opinion.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Having just the figure won't help you. Having the figure still mint in box with a C9 rating will. It is selling so much because Snake Eyes was a rare GI Joe to begin with.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Dammit, I KNEW there was a reason I could never find snake eyes on those spin-a-rack things at toys r us and kmart. Man, and he was the only GI Joe that I ever actually REALLY wanted. That totally sucks.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
I hated it when the little custom rubber band breaks between the torso and wait of my figures... so I brought out the dinosaurs and told mommy the dinosaurs ate him :D

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
BEST GI JOE FIGURE EVAR!!!!!

Dual Katanas and that dog...yummy.....wonder what Snake Eyes would say about being sold for so much...n/m he was mute.

If I bought this I'd promptly interchange his limbs with some other GI Joe to make him stronger. :D ;)

Chiz