350 health professionals sign letter to Congress claiming Trump's mental health is deteriorating dangerously amid impeachment proceedings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Of course it's unethical. They've diagnosed a guy they have never spoken to, and published the results. Now they'll hide behind some "good of the nation" bullshit.
We all know the man is a world class asshole, I sure as hell didn't need 350 untrustworthy "doctors" to tell me that.
Good thing for you your immune system doesn't work like your thinking. Imagine becoming infected with something and your immune system demands a medical examination by a 'qualified' professional. We real conservatives just kill things that endanger our lives. Trump may be an asshole but he's also a dangerous nut case. Pardon me but I also pay attention to my gut reaction. Trump should be removed from office as unfit for duty. People who can't see that are also in my opinion quite mentally ill. I don't mind most of the time but it's different when some nut case threatens my life. Sanity shouldn't fall victim to tolerance of dangerous individuals. We have laws that allow the insane who are dangerous to be separated from normal society. It's sad but it's also just plain good old conservative common sense.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Good thing for you your immune system doesn't work like your thinking. Imagine becoming infected with something and your immune system demands a medical examination by a 'qualified' professional. We real conservatives just kill things that endanger our lives. Trump may be an asshole but he's also a dangerous nut case. Pardon me but I also pay attention to my gut reaction. Trump should be removed from office as unfit for duty. People who can't see that are also in my opinion quite mentally ill. I don't mind most of the time but it's different when some nut case threatens my life. Sanity shouldn't fall victim to tolerance of dangerous individuals. We have laws that allow the insane who are dangerous to be separated from normal society. It's sad but it's also just plain good old conservative common sense.

Funny you'd put it in those terms. Maybe Trumpism is because our societal immune system has been compromised. Like HIV.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've never seen how losing an election could make so many people so damn crazy.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I feel there should be a mental evaluation along with the annual physical that is actually required to remain President. Shouldn't the country be aware if the President is mentally unfit to make decisions?

This country is already painfully aware. It's just that Republicans simply do not care.

A big part of the refusal to hold Trump accountable, is the partisanship driven by the alt-reality bubble. There is no common set of facts, truths, or principles keeping our nation united any more. We are two peoples, fighting for control over the other and the ends justifies the means in today's politics. No matter the cost. No matter the how. Power is all that matters in the United States Government.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I didn't read it, but I find fault that they mention (or is it the article, mostly?) this decline in response to impeachment. ...that he is "doubling down on [the crazy] in response to impeachment."

He's always been that way. There is no actual baseline for Trump from which to measure normal-brain vs insane moon person wackadoo.

That, honestly, is the once possible concession to ...some sort of "brilliance" that could be ascribed to Trump. "I've always been insane! Prove me wrong!"

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I know right, it's almost like the right didn't collectively lose their shit for 8 straight years when black man became president.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's always hilarious when a group of TDS suffering fucktards weigh in on someone else's mental health.

Sad but still hilarious.

you're going to need to bring some rational reasoning to bear in terms of why you choose to label people this way.

Are you still in the "My unwavering ignorance is as valid as your expertise" mode of thought? ...because that's what your post is.

Reactions: soundforbjt

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The crazy part was electing Trump President. Decades of corrosive right wing mind rot made it possible.

I hope the internet works while nuclear hellfire rains down on everyone so I can say "Told you!"

• Haha
Reactions: BUTCH1

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Admitting to committing multiple crimes on camera isn't something a normal mentally healthy person does.

This type of shit isn't normal. Don't you want things to get back to normal again instead of having this reality show play out?

Reactions: rommelrommel

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Only 350? We know he is an egomaniac, narcissist and master manipulator. He counts his Tic Tacs every night while putting on his Bronx Colors (Cheeto shade) from a half used jar.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not really. I believe, like so many others, you are forced to see the world in a way that justifies your beliefs. Since you are unwilling to see Trump for what he really is, you have no idea what it actually means to be able to, and as a result you imagine how others are capable of that with the fantasy it has something to do with the fact that his election somehow drove people like me crazy. This would be like you imagining I a have somehow lost my mind because I am yelling at you not to take a step backward because I am seeking to assault you and don't want you to run when in fact I can see that a hole in the earth has opened up behind where you stand. You have never experienced what it is to free yourself from the prison of ego and therefore can't really know what as a prisoner of ego everything you think and do is designed to keep that prison invisible to you. You have a mental condition you do not understand. Free myself from any need to see Trump in any either positive or negative light, I see him not only as he is, but I see your condition too. Die to your sacred beliefs if you would would like to be free. Having once been in your prison, I can definitely tell you it is better abandoned by ego death. It makes not the slightest difference to me who the President is from an emotional level because I am free.

What I can't escape, of course, is the effects of Trump destroying my beloved country. And remember, when I say beloved, my love for it is only an extension of my love for everything including all of humanity and just now you. Few understand so I am taking the time to do so since you won't run into people who know anything every day. You will be surprised also what you can say about yourself when you have no ego as you may have noticed just now yourself.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Holy convoluted logic Batman!
This one wasn't well thought out Moonie, you've done much better work in the past. The bulk of your response wasn't even related to my statement.
Everyone has an off day now and then.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
you're going to need to bring some rational reasoning to bear in terms of why you choose to label people this way.

Are you still in the "My unwavering ignorance is as valid as your expertise" mode of thought? ...because that's what your post is.
An expert or medical professional stating that the President or anyone else they have never spoken to or personally examined has specific medical condition(s) is very problematic. When the only observation is via very bias means, it is reckless at best. Considering it's the President, it does nothing but to create panic and unfounded fears in less than mentally capable people.

Reactions: pcgeek11

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
An expert or medical professional stating that the President or anyone else they have never spoken to or personally examined has specific medical condition(s) is very problematic. When the only observation is via very bias means, it is reckless at best. Considering it's the President, it does nothing but to create panic and unfounded fears in less than mentally capable people.

trump fucks his daughter

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

I don’t even have a degree yet I feel quite confident in diagnosing certain posters here to have certain mental issues.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Be honest: Even if an expert assessed Donald Trump and the public got wind that he had specific mental health conditions that are significantly affecting his ability to do his job properly, you (along with the right wing media and GOP) would immediately attack that expert's credentials and/or question their political bias.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
350 health professionals sign letter to Congress claiming Trump's mental health is deteriorating dangerously

The Polyphonic Spree

" I'm so happy
because today
I found my friends
they're in my head "

trump-smirk.jpg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

So if someone with the ability to launch nuclear weapons shows signs of mental deterioration and instability but refuses an examination the correct response by mental health professionals is... what exactly?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ethically, the situation is very complex. Ethics is not the field of finding universally correct moral answers. Ethics is a quest for a useful framework when competing goods need to be weighed against each other. It is not the only framework, but I prefer using the four principles framework:
Beneficence -- helping a patient
Non-maleficence -- not hurting a patient
Autonomy -- respecting a patient's wishes
Justice -- dealing with equity, etc., for the greater system

Here we potentially put non-maleficence and autonomy at odds with justice. There is not a universal right way to weigh things, but generally if you are doing a physician task (diagnosis, treatment recommendations) for someone you have not established care for and not examined and going against their individual interest and choice, it demands a pretty high bar.

My biggest question here is, should any individual or collection of individuals cross that boundary, does it have any positive practical effect? Most of the time we are dealing with unknowns, e.g. you can't predict who will have an infection after surgery, but this doesn't mean you don't use evidence to weigh likely risks and benefits.