350 health professionals sign letter to Congress claiming Trump's mental health is deteriorating dangerously amid impeachment proceedings

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

God, I find this so funny. Thousands of them apparently must have thought so of Lincoln since Trump is so much better than him.

The emperor is mentally ill. I'm sure it's the best mental illness a person can have. Ah, but what would those doctors know when 40% of the population is as deranged as he is.

What if they gave a mass psychosis and nobody came?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm not saying they are wrong, but wouldn't signing such a document be unethical?
Depends on your perception. Would failing to take action to avoid catastrophe be unethical? I only looked superficially, but it doesn't appear they are definitively making diagnoses which may be harder to justify ethically.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not saying they are wrong, but wouldn't signing such a document be unethical?
Just an opinion document. Now juxtapose that to the Senate diagnosing a brain dead woman from the halls of Congress and attempting to intervene in the family decision to take her off life support. We all know how that ended.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality."
Girl, I want you here with me
But I'm really not as cool as I'd like to be
'Cause theres a red, under my bed
And theres a little yellow man in my head
And theres a true blue inside of me
That keeps stopping me, touching ya, watching ya, loving ya
Paranoia, the destroyer
Paranoia, the destroyer

Reactions: BUTCH1

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If by that you mean does it violate the Goldwater Rule? Sure. I think recent history has shown how misguided that rule was though so it’s good that it is being increasingly ignored.

There is vastly more information available to mental health professionals about Trump’s mental state than would be available from a personal examination unless that took place over months or years. If they examine that information and determine it is very likely that Trump is deteriorating mentally it would be vastly more unethical to have this information and do nothing.

He has access to US law enforcement, the military, and nuclear weapons. Alerting the country to this danger is the only ethical choice.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
If by that you mean does it violate the Goldwater Rule? Sure. I think recent history has shown how misguided that rule was though so it’s good that it is being increasingly ignored.

There is vastly more information available to mental health professionals about Trump’s mental state than would be available from a personal examination unless that took place over months or years. If they examine that information and determine it is very likely that Trump is deteriorating mentally it would be vastly more unethical to have this information and do nothing.

He has access to US law enforcement, the military, and nuclear weapons. Alerting the country to this danger is the only ethical choice.

The Goldwater Rule isn't even that, depending on what association we're looking at. Making an official diagnosis is different than reporting on observed behaviors.

Reactions: Pohemi

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Trump is definitely mentally ill, and I expect is also dealing with either a substance addiction, the effects of a certain mind altering STD, or both. His grip on reality started to loosen back in the 90s, but I agree having all his criminal behavior coming back to bite his bloated orange ass seems to have caused him to lose even more of his mind. Having your treason and corruption come to light must be mentally taxing for someone who constantly sells himself as a bastion of integrity and duty.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Of course it's unethical. They've diagnosed a guy they have never spoken to, and published the results. Now they'll hide behind some "good of the nation" bullshit.
We all know the man is a world class asshole, I sure as hell didn't need 350 untrustworthy "doctors" to tell me that.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
It's always hilarious when a group of TDS suffering fucktards weigh in on someone else's mental health.

Sad but still hilarious.

Reactions: brandonbull

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I feel there should be a mental evaluation along with the annual physical that is actually required to remain President. Shouldn't the country be aware if the President is mentally unfit to make decisions?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
It's always hilarious when a group of TDS suffering fucktards weigh in on someone else's mental health.

Sad but still hilarious.

You claim to know that a group of 350 psychiatrists and other mental-health professionals whom you've never met are a group of TDS suffering fucktards.

Best Brain Ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Sad but still hilarious.

Yeh, but you didn't challenge their conclusions.

I would like to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say CrowdStrike . I guess you have one of your wealthy people . The server, they say Ukraine has it.

Perfectly sane, obviously.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Of course it's unethical. They've diagnosed a guy they have never spoken to, and published the results. Now they'll hide behind some "good of the nation" bullshit.
We all know the man is a world class asshole, I sure as hell didn't need 350 untrustworthy "doctors" to tell me that.

So to be clear your claim is that if you are an experienced mental health professional and see a person with access to nuclear weapons exhibiting behaviors that in your professional opinion are associated with serious mental deterioration the ethical answer is to do nothing?

It's also kind of incredible that the argument appears to be 'you can only say this guy is nuts if he submits to a mental health evaluation, something he obviously will not do.' So if we have a president who is totally batshit crazy we all have to pretend he or she isn't until they voluntarily choose to submit to a process where they could be declared insane.

lol. Did nobody think this through?

Reactions: woolfe9998

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well here's my very unprofessional prognosis on Trump: the shithead thought it would give his inflated ego a nice big boost if he ran for prez, never thinking he would actually win the whole shebang and when he did, there was something that snapped inside his head because he was experiencing the conflicting emotions of sheer terror upon realizing what he was now in for and the orgasmic elation his ego was feeding on from winning that "popularity contest" he thought he was in.

It all went sideways from thereon in because it was his exceptional talent at being a chronic liar that got him in such being trouble and it's that same talent that's keeping him there.

The fucker's far too way in the mess he's caused to find a way out that his badly damaged ego can handle.

The liar has finally met someone he can't win against: Himself.

Reactions: Lanyap