35 killed in terrorist attack at Istanbul nightclub

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Probably ISIS, but they won't take credit for turkish attacks... so Erdogan will blame the PKK. It could also be the actual PKK but they've tended to target military and police in the past.

Last edited:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Meh. They'll announce ISIS did it just like they always do.

People riding on old pickup trucks have the whole world spinning.

What will they tell us next?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
For such a peaceful religion Islam sure is violent. If all Muslims suddenly died and went to paradise, the world would be for the better.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
For such a peaceful religion Islam sure is violent. If all Muslims suddenly died and went to paradise, the world would be for the better.
I bet Christians, or people pretending to be Christian, have killed more people than people pretending to be Muslims.

But yes, people pretending to be Muslims are the hot topic of the day.

Last edited:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I bet Christians, or people pretending to be Christian, have killed more people than people pretending to be Muslims.

But yes, people pretending to be Muslims are the hot topic of the day.
I don't think they're "pretending" unless you decide who's a real muslim and who isn't (which is exactly what they're claiming to be doing).

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I don't think they're "pretending" unless you decide who's a real muslim and who isn't (which is exactly what they're claiming to be doing).

Let's agree they represent islam about as well as the war loving christian right.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Comforting to know ISIS has so many allies who agree on a global war between christians and muslims to bring about the end times or whatever.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Nice of you to finally be honest about your desire for genocide. I seem to remember some Germans liking similar ideas about 75 years ago.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Around 3 years ago I was planning a trip to Istanbul. It was a safe place then.

Why can't people accept that some people are different from themselves and live and let live?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Nice of you to finally be honest about your desire for genocide. I seem to remember some Germans liking similar ideas about 75 years ago.

Worth pointing out that in two full days since that post not a single conservative found the least bit moral courage to express the slightest dismay at what their peers routinely think about brown people. In that time there've been umpteenth posts about them libtards, and had there been one of those typical threads about a white guy disadvantaged at the hands of minorities...

It's the perfect illustration of how deeply rooted systemic racism is in this country.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Worth pointing out that in two full days since that post not a single conservative found the least bit moral courage to express the slightest dismay at what their peers routinely think about brown people. In that time there've been umpteenth posts about them libtards, and had there been one of those typical threads about a white guy disadvantaged at the hands of minorities...

It's the perfect illustration of how deeply rooted systemic racism is in this country.

Only you and Commodus quoted it and responded to it, so I'd say that his idea not being rebuffed is not just a conservative problem. Which really should scare everybody a whole lot more right?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Only you and Commodus quoted it and responded to it, so I'd say that his idea not being rebuffed is not just a conservative problem. Which really should scare everybody a whole lot more right?

It's a common enough occurrence that I don't think people are particularly compelled to pile on. There was roflmouth, chucky, anonymouse user et al before dari, and it's pretty obvious who the right relates to far more. The only reason these comments aren't the norm is because of PC and the admin here frown upon the most motivated comments.

However I would generally agree that even liberals in this country believe too much in their post-racial fantasy.