Question 32GB kit DDR4 - command rate 1 or 2 on rocket lake?

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
Have a new kit of NeoForza 32GB 4600MHz DDR4 here & are a little unsure if the motherboard is setting the right command rate. On auto it sets 1T, but I have read in other places around the net that 2T is better for stability when bandwidth is this high with a 2x16GB kit. So what are the views of the experts on here with this?
I have manually dialled in the major timings & set the Vdimm appropriately. But have all the other timings on auto so far.
Thanks. :)

Billy Tallis

Aug 4, 2015
If it seems to work at 1T, then run memtest overnight to confirm that it's truly stable.

Recommendations about what should work with one 16GB stick per channel may be based on an assumption about whether a 16GB stick is a single-rank or dual-rank part, where dual-rank is more stressful for the memory controller but also allows slightly higher performance. But ultimately what matters here is not the spec sheet or general trends, but what your two specific modules in your motherboard can do.

Reactions: Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go

Nov 17, 2021
If it seems to work at 1T, then run memtest overnight to confirm that it's truly stable.

Recommendations about what should work with one 16GB stick per channel may be based on an assumption about whether a 16GB stick is a single-rank or dual-rank part, where dual-rank is more stressful for the memory controller but also allows slightly higher performance. But ultimately what matters here is not the spec sheet or general trends, but what your two specific modules in your motherboard can do.
It's DR per DIMM this kit. I ran Aida64 memory benchmarks & discovered very little if any difference in read, write & copy speeds between 1T & 2T but latency was 1.5ns slower. No big deal, was interesting to note its quicker than a stock DDR5 Alderlake platform (4800MHz) in copy speed. I'll continue with my selection of tests however it was error free in the Microsoft memory diagnostics test with default settings at 1T.