$31,000 on a new dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson's office

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Blanket assumption - check

Whataboutism - check

Conservatives reducing government bloat - che....no wait, nevermind

Conservatives continue assaulting FBI credibility - check

BTW, 70k for a table is ridiculous.

Being hypocritical - check.

Holding the FBI accountable, is not assaulting the FBI's credibility. If you think that, then we should not hold any cops accountable. Fuck the body cams on cops, thats just assaulting their credibility. Don't be dense on purpose.

Good job at proving me right.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Being hypocritical - check.

Holding the FBI accountable, is not assaulting the FBI's credibility. If you think that, then we should not hold any cops accountable. Fuck the body cams on cops, thats just assaulting their credibility. Don't be dense on purpose.

Good job at proving me right.

Show me where I said not to hold them accountable.

More assumptions - check

But let's not pretend conservatives actually care about that stuff.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...ed-cost-mccabes-office-conference-table-70000

Guess the OP and others are perfectly fine when this happens. Selective outrage at its finest. More than double the price, and the FBI tried to hide it. No reason to be retracted. Yet no outrage, hmm.

Having worked in the fed for 30+ years I was not outraged. I've seen a lot of secretary offices and this is no surprise. And yes I thought the outrage was a little much for this one.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I hear shooting yourself in the foot really hurts, and you stop posting in the thread afterwards.