300+ Free Games from Indie Developers

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I didn't see as I skimmed over quickly, so I apologize in advance if it is there and I missed it. Is there a list of the games that are in the pack or links to them somewhere? Just would like to know what to try out first when I DL it.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Hmm, not really sure and I can't see much gaming stuff from work. I think these are mostly time wasters, so a bunch of little unrecognizable games.

KT

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
SPAM! <scoots off to send a report>

Wait it's a moderator. Time to check out these games :D

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Awesome - 1.4gb of "100 games in 48 hours and package them as a single entry in the competition".

100 games for free is free..and free is usually good. :)

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Thanks KT!
Did anyone else get a hit from their virus scanner from this file? I'm using Anti-Vir and it detects a trojan.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I didn't get any issues. I fired this up last night for a while; it uses Adobe Air to house/launch the games, so you go in there and every game is listed. I clicked 'play a random game' and went through a few of them.

Some of these are complete shit and a waste of time, but some of them are pretty fun. I only had about an hour to play, but I tried out about 5 games or so and they seem to run the gamut from simple flash shooters, to text-based games, to odd little things that really make no sense to me. :D

Was fun for the hour and I'll be firing it up again soon. It's kind of cool to see all of the different things guys come up with.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yes, expectations should be low. :D Just posted it in case anyone wants to try out some random silliness and maybe find some fun among the 300+ games there.

KT

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Was just about to post this! Thanks Keith. Anandtech just posted about this collection in their Pipeline RSS feed:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4992/the-2012-igf-pirate-kart-over-300-free-games-from-100-indie-devs

For those too lazy to click the link

"
Littered throughout the hundreds of tiny experiments you&#8217;ll find plenty of little games worth spending time with. A &#8220;Play Random Game&#8221; button even adds some suspense to your exploration of the catalogue. I had a blast running and gunning through Sos Sosowski&#8217;s Attack of the Heavenly Bats. Livestock Longstack reinvents the Wolf/Sheep/Cabbage Riddle as a brain-cramping three-tiered platformer. Beebash, a simple game about protecting a diamond from thieving bees, feels like it&#8217;d do well as a mobile game with touch controls. And I was pleasanty surprised to find that Terry Cavanagh included his excellent parody of classic RPGs, Hero&#8217;s Adventure.

They&#8217;re not all winners, of course. Many of the games seem purposefully obtuse and non-gamelike. Take Jazz, the Non-interactive Jazz Simulator, for example. All it does, as far as I can tell, is play disorganized snippets of jazz while an artists&#8217; rendering of John Coltrane floats in front of a backdrop of giant saxophones. Weird.
"

Going to download this now.