30 Year-Old Man dies from playing N64 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. His mother decides to...

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
SUE of course.

Not that it comes as a suprise to anyone. I just don't know what companies can do to protect themselves. Nintendo has been putting warnings about seizures in the manual for all of their systems and games since the days of the NES. There is no doubt that this lady will get some $$$ from Nintendo whether she wins or they settle. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Associated Press

Published Feb 24, 2002

BATON ROUGE, LA. A Louisiana woman is suing Nintendo, alleging her 30-year-old son suffered seizures after playing video games for eight hours a day, six days a week.

The lawsuit filed in federal court says the man died last year after hitting his head and mouth on a table during one of the seizures. It claims the man never had seizures before buying a Nintendo-64 player in 1999.

His mother is seeking unspecified damages for her own medical and funeral expenses, for mental and emotional anguish, and for her son's lost future earnings.

A spokesman for Nintendo is declining comment on the lawsuit. In court records, the company denies any wrongdoing.

Link

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
How much future earnings could this guy have if he was 30, living with his mom, and playing N64 all the time?

Ryan

Maggotry

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2001

<< How much future earnings could this guy have if he was 30, living with his mom, and playing N64 all the time? >>

:D

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
i really hope nintendo fights this one, wins, and has that woman freakin declare bankruptcy trying to pay of lawyer costs :disgust:

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000

<< How much future earnings could this guy have if he was 30, living with his mom, and playing N64 all the time? >>

He could've been hired as a full-time game player and tester at Nintendo, I guess.

Yet another BS lawsuit..

Lars

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2001
rolleye.gif

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
The seizures were caused by the realization that he had been jerked off by being talked into buying a N64

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000

<< What kind of 30 yr/old plays a nintendo for 8 hours a day 6 days a week?? >>

is that really any worse than neffing for 8 hours a day 6 days a week?

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< i really hope nintendo fights this one, wins, and has that woman freakin declare bankruptcy trying to pay of lawyer costs :disgust: >>

I hope all the jurors goes on Nintendo side.

Good 'ol American "It's anyone fault but me" lawsuit regardless of whose at fault.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Was he hired by nintendo to test games 8 hours a day 6 days a week?

If that is the case I can see why they might be liable for his problems. But if he's just a person that does that..then I don't see how it's Nintendo's problem. OF course it doesn't matter if it's their problem or not, in our everyone-is-a-victim and no-responibilities-for-anyone society nintendo is just as good a person to blame as anyone else.

tops2

Oct 6, 2000
kinda reminds me of the lady who spilled hot coffee and sued mcdonald of making coffee too hot
sheesh...

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
she should also sue the makers of her table for providing "an object in which a fatal accident may occur"

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
what pisses me off is that these morons are acutally winning these bs lawsuits, they always end up getting some kind of compensation. wtf is up with our justice department?
if i am the judge, these people suing over nonsense bs should be fined automatically when they bring the case to the court.
yeah that will deter future dumbasses to sue over these kind of bs.

soccerbud34

Nov 15, 2001
good lord... this is like jerking off 8 hours a day, 6 days a week ... then you die b'c of seizure ... then your wife sues your parents, all your ex girl friends, playboy, hustler, your 9th grade sex ed teacher, all your best friends and her local priest/father who doesnt ever know who you are b'c apparently they did not warn your of not to jerk off 8 hours a day, 6 days a week :|

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< what pisses me off is that these morons are acutally winning these bs lawsuits, they always end up getting some kind of compensation. wtf is up with our justice department?
if i am the judge, these people suing over nonsense bs should be fined automatically when they bring the case to the court.
yeah that will deter future dumbasses to sue over these kind of bs.
>>

Even worse when people sue the public systems. Our tax money is wasted over some stupid woman falling on her ass suing City of New York for millions, people suing the school and school district for their kids flunking classes or getting into a fight in the bathroom.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<< How much future earnings could this guy have if he was 30, living with his mom, and playing N64 all the time?
Ryan
>>

LOL :D!

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Jerboy<--- seriously considering focusing on getting good education and good resume filler so he doesn't end up like that guy.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
I think Nintendo should sue the mom for all the future profits they lost when the guy died. They could've dumped all their surplus N64 stuff on the guy. Who the hell plays N64 nowadays?

MikeO

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001

Haha, another complete BS lawsuit, absolutely ridiculous.

<< Nintendo has been putting warnings about seizures in the manual for all of their systems and games since the days of the NES. >>

Now, I'd really like to know how the f**k it's possible that she can still sue them?!?!