30 Million

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
Congrats Peter! That's 1600 times more points than I have!

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Congratulations, Peter!

What is the target date for 60 million?

Congratulations, Peter! :)

Fancy a race to 50M? :p

Well, the target date for 50 M would be mid-January 2011 and for 60M beginning of May, 2011.

I don't mind a race to 50M! :eek: You'll win hands down since you are 13M ahead and have more than 2.5 times my production. D:
But I'll try to increase production after summer ...

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
I don't mind a race to 50M! :eek: You'll win hands down since you are 13M ahead and have more than 2.5 times my production. D:
But I'll try to increase production after summer ...

It shouldn't be impossible. Faxon's been getting ~800k ppd with only 2 machines, both with CF HD5870s (?). If you're planning on upgrading even one higher end GPU will give you a huge boost.

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
It shouldn't be impossible. Faxon's been getting ~800k ppd with only 2 machines, both with CF HD5870s (?). If you're planning on upgrading even one higher end GPU will give you a huge boost.
im doing about 850k a day if you look at the link in my sig :awe:, and that's just form milkyway. was thinking that once i figure out WHAT THE FUCK keeps crashing my main rig (its gotta be this damn 5870 i got on launch date) i would OC all 4 and try to make it an even 1mil per day :twisted:. i think im gonna swap the suspected card into my other box and see if it starts crashing that one instead. if not then try with the other card, and finally reinstall the OS on my main rig since i need to anyway. if THAT doesnt fix it, then idk what the hell it is, because i set my OC back to stock on my CPU and ram and im watercooling my CPU so there's no way in hell that im overheating. always BSODs while im asleep and if i have my OC set, it fails to reboot if i put my MCH and PLL voltage where i need them to stay stable at my OC in sig. tried toying with it but i couldnt find a happy safe spot which didnt require me manually shutting it off and booting it back again. havent had a chance to OC my other box at all on the CPU, been waiting for a day where milkyway was down again to do it this summer once im done with finals next week

also, i have a bunch of spare parts lying around, i might be able to rig together something to put my 8800GT and 4670 in with my e5200, set up to run seti/collatz the way my phenom 2 system is set

ed: and it looks like im reinstalling win7 as soon as i edit this post LOL. i went to install 10.6 drivers and while i had been having some minor issues last time when i updated with the installer misbehaving, it simply refuses to work now :(. already had everything except the stuff on my desktop and in my documents backed up, was preparing to reinstall anyway

Last edited:

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
Lets see what I will get myself - a ATI HD5870? Should helt a lot in Milkyway ...
thats what i would say yea :). my 5870s averages about a minute and 25 seconds per work unit each card, just make sure you leave enough cpu left over to feed them or they will slow way down. i have my cpu set to 75% cores 75% load so that i can use it while im crunching anyway, but if i set it to even 90% then i notice an increase in calculation time

rabrittain

Dec 28, 2006
I don't know if anyone else has noticed - I've been out of touch - but I did notice when you went over 1 million in Rosetta the other day. Congratulations again, Peter!