3 Rumors about GTA V for PC

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
We've already seen the source code that contains references to the PC and specifically DX11 capable executable. So I'm pretty damn sure at this point it's coming to PC, it's just a case of when.

But who cares really? The time spent delayed is time they have to perfect the title, optimize it and make sure launch is smooth, especially the online component which has been a nightmare for the console users so far.

I'd rather wait and have the superiour version, I actually have a PS3 and by making it exclusive to the consoles is NEVER going to persuade me to pay MORE money for an INFERIOUR version. Waiting is literally not a problem.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
We've already seen the source code that contains references to the PC and specifically DX11 capable executable. So I'm pretty damn sure at this point it's coming to PC, it's just a case of when.

But who cares really? The time spent delayed is time they have to perfect the title, optimize it and make sure launch is smooth, especially the online component which has been a nightmare for the console users so far.

I'd rather wait and have the superiour version, I actually have a PS3 and by making it exclusive to the consoles is NEVER going to persuade me to pay MORE money for an INFERIOUR version. Waiting is literally not a problem.

I hear what you say and I knew it was coming to the PC... those rumors seem to lend to a sooner release... which may or may not pan out... I hope they port it somewhat properly ... /crossesfingers

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011

This, however you don't need to find source codes to know this. You can just look at the game and Rockstar's history and know they'll release it for PC.

Why wouldn't they? It's an untapped platform for $$$- just put in some work for a semi-proper port on an already polished game (yes I'm making it sound simple).

Just sit tight. It's going to come out sooner or later. The later it is, the more polished it will be.

I don't even sweat it. There are tons of other great games to keep you occupied. I wouldn't even shrug if they released it Dec 2014.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
This, however you don't need to find source codes to know this. You can just look at the game and Rockstar's history and know they'll release it for PC.

Why wouldn't they? It's an untapped platform for $$$- just put in some work for a semi-proper port on an already polished game (yes I'm making it sound simple).

Just sit tight. It's going to come out sooner or later. The later it is, the more polished it will be.

I don't even sweat it. There are tons of other great games to keep you occupied. I wouldn't even shrug if they released it Dec 2014.

I know its old but I have revisted Fallout 3 New Vegas with a couple expanions and having a blast... but I do long to play it on PC... more so for the improved Frame rate than anything else.

Watchdogs should be a blast.... and thats out next month.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
It would be absolutely stupid for them not to put it on PC. Anyone who really believes that it won't be on PC (or anyone who ever believed that it would be console-only) are idiots.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
My guess is they will announce it for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC all at the same time. Waiting means they maximize sales for the PS3 and 360 and it buys them more time to optimize the game to better use the extra processing power of the PC, XB1, and PS4. It might sound silly but if people knew it was coming out for the new consoles they might have skipped it in favor of the better version coming out most likely in the early spring. PC is inevitable but with the new console releases they have the unique ability to coax many people into buying it twice. It would be silly if they didn't release it on the new consoles.

Anyways, that's my take.

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
My guess is they will announce it for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC all at the same time. Waiting means they maximize sales for the PS3 and 360 and it buys them more time to optimize the game to better use the extra processing power of the PC, XB1, and PS4. It might sound silly but if people knew it was coming out for the new consoles they might have skipped it in favor of the better version coming out most likely in the early spring. PC is inevitable but with the new console releases they have the unique ability to coax many people into buying it twice. It would be silly if they didn't release it on the new consoles.

Anyways, that's my take.

That to me seems logical from a revenue maximizing perspective.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
There's a rumour going around that there's a PS4 release in the works. Given that both next gen consoles are basically x86 gaming PCs, there's really no excuses for them not appearing on Windows. The era of third party exclusives is dying.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I just look to history for the answer. They always come out around 6 months later. They always are buggy despite the extra time they could use to make it better, They always say either they won't do a PC version or they say nothing but always release it. I think they only do it so people won't use the PC as an easier pirating method to get the game for free and avoid the console version.

I'd rather there be a PS4 version as well since I'm getting rid of my gaming rig but looks unlikely until the DLC planned towards the end of next year. Just getting too damn tired of doing the PC thing anymore and too old to waste time configuring and tweaking everything to death.

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
Depending on their financial situation(s), they may decide to hold off until the beginning of the new fiscal year in 2014.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000

The recent exceptions being Red Dead and Midnight Club.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
The recent exceptions being Red Dead and Midnight Club.

I think he meant Grand Theft Auto. To date there has not been a Grand Theft Auto game released by rockstar that wasn't ported to the PC. Given the potential revenue a PC version would generate especially considering it's critical acclaim I can't find any specific reason why they would deviate from that track record for this title.

Last edited:

stockwiz

Sep 8, 2013
they're not going to announce anything until November at the earliest. They want to milk the console sales and get past return windows as much as possible. I could very well see them releasing it in late Nov along with a PS4 version. It's not like it's anything they have to advertise ahead of time. They could announce it 12 hours in advance and word would spread like wildfire.