3 interesting new games on Steam

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
"Orion: Dino Horde" actually came out a year ago, except it used to be called "Orion: Dino Beatdown". It was a shitty game and the developer was upset with the poor reviews, so he mad a few minor alterations and re-released it with a new title. http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1cib51/orion_dino_beatdown_renamed_to_orion_dino_horde/

How do these games compare to FarCry 3 or Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light?

They're budget indie games. Not in the same league as FC3 or Metro. Maybe you could look at the gameplay videos and trailers, and decide for yourself?

Last edited:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
How do these games compare to FarCry 3 or Crysis 3 or Metro: Last Light?

They are AAAA titles compared to those 3 :rolleyes:

I mean really...if you have to ask...you probably should just stick to your AAA title FPS's. 2 of them aren't even FPS's to begin with...

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
My problem with some indie games is that alot are like a hipster concert that exists only to prove you are hipster.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
My problem with some indie games is that alot are like a hipster concert that exists only to prove you are hipster.

Like all games, not all indie games are actually good, however those that are tend to disprove the "graphics are above all else" mentality.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
"Orion: Dino Horde" actually came out a year ago, except it used to be called "Orion: Dino Beatdown". It was a shitty game and the developer was upset with the poor reviews, so he mad a few minor alterations and re-released it with a new title. http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1cib51/orion_dino_beatdown_renamed_to_orion_dino_horde/

They're budget indie games. Not in the same league as FC3 or Metro. Maybe you could look at the gameplay videos and trailers, and decide for yourself?

ewww...ok, nvm about orion: dino horde then

Bonesdad

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2002

yeah, not sure wtf this means...a good game is a good game, whether indie or mainstream. problem is, mainstream games that are actually "good" and not just "good-looking" are few and far between. Of course there are crap indie games too, but you won't likely spend $60 to find out...

I guess I'm a hipster...rock on

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I was interested in Dino Horde after watching some videos. I like co-op horde mode games.

Then I looked at the total number of players over the last few months and realized it was a waste of time. It was something like a max of 200 players. It would be tough to find games to join.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
yeah, not sure wtf this means...a good game is a good game, whether indie or mainstream. problem is, mainstream games that are actually "good" and not just "good-looking" are few and far between. Of course there are crap indie games too, but you won't likely spend $60 to find out...

I guess I'm a hipster...rock on

I just mean the presentation is sometimes better then the game for alot of those indie titles...because the presentation is REALLY good. I mean, they make a 2d sidescroller that looks like a Contra re-make look slick and modern.

I only said what I said because some of those previews make me salivate, but I have to step back and realize it could still be mediocre because all I see is the band and parade.

Otherwise I wouldn't have any savings :)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Anyone interested in going in on a 4-pack of Monaco? I wasn't planning on buying it at first, but it seems to be getting rave reviews everywhere. It'd be $11.25 if anyone wants a copy.

Edit: All gone.

Last edited:

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Check out Eador, it's pretty cool but a bit slow.
Good mix of TBS and RPG.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Anyone interested in going in on a 4-pack of Monaco? I wasn't planning on buying it at first, but it seems to be getting rave reviews everywhere. It'd be $11.25 if anyone wants a copy.

Edit: 2 gone, 1 more left.

ill take the last copy if you still have it. PM me.

Also, the dev for monaco just started this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1d1owi/a_little_heist_game_called_monaco_came_out_on/

In orions defense. From what Ive heard, the game was released too early and the reviews suffered because of it. They fixed the issues, and may now have a MUCH better game (i have no idea), but no matter what their review score will not change, and will forever be based on the initial reviews. Therein lies the problem of reviews, in that reviewers cannot go back and change the score they gave.

Ive bought games on steam that had the same problem - initially the game was pretty crappy, but the issues were fixed, and its a MUCH better game now (even though its metacritic score is like 6 or 7). This goes both ways, as games like sim city, and diablo 3 got great reviews initially, but if reviews came out a month after release, they would have seen the issues that come up with both games.

turn_pike

Mar 4, 2012
I think an actual good indie game that is recently released is Dont Starve.

Made by Klei Entertainment of Shank and Mark of the Ninja.
I havent tried it myself but I saw some lets play on youtube and it looks pretty good. Quality indie.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
It's getting slammed on GoG, and most the games there are constantly raved about.

Well...most games nowadays are getting slammed.

But Eador:
Slammed by some that can't run the game...probably the same that have bugs in every games they own...due to bad rigs and hardware imcompatibilities
Slammed by gamers who read before buying and knew it was a Genesis remake, bought the game anyways and complain it's a remake
Slammed by others that legitely don't like it and back their statement with constructive comments
Liked by those who like games
Loved by sentient beings that knew what they bought