3-finger Swipe in Lion Dev Preview 4

Tyranicus

Aug 28, 2007
In Leopard and Snow Leopard, swiping left and right with three fingers would take you back and forward in Safari and Finder. Lion removed this feature. You can use two fingers to go back and forward in Safari, but there is no Finder functionality. I fixed this in previous developer previews using BetterTouchTool to map 3 finger swipe left and right to CMD-[ and CMD-]. This does not appear to work in Dev Preview 4. All my other BetterTouchTool settings work, but not this one. Does anyone know a workaround for this? I've been using 3-finger swipe to go back and forward in Finder for over 2 years now. I am very accustomed to it, and would really like to continue using it.

Tyranicus

Aug 28, 2007
Oddly enough, when I do what you suggest, my BetterTouchTool modification starts working. I know it's BTT because the Go menu in Finder briefly lights up when I swipe with 3 fingers. I don't know why this happened, but I got it working, so that's all that matters. :p

Kmax82

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2002
www.kennonbickhart.com
Oddly enough, when I do what you suggest, my BetterTouchTool modification starts working. I know it's BTT because the Go menu in Finder briefly lights up when I swipe with 3 fingers. I don't know why this happened, but I got it working, so that's all that matters. :p

Good deal. I noticed it took a little time to kick in when I made the change, so maybe that attributed to some of that.. not sure. Glad it's working.