3-D printed Gun smuggled into Israeli Parliament as a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
http://www.i4u.com/2013/07/benjamin...aeli-test-security-parliament-gun-printed-3-d

GenieGenieGenie writes "After all the talk of printed guns and the problems they pose to traditional methods of perimeter security, we get a live demo courtesy of some rather brave journalists from Israel ...
Read more at

it's currently a story on the first page on www.slashdot.org

http://translate.google.com/transla...haaretz.co.il/news/politics/1.2062826&act=url

Depending on the details that come out this could be serious or something that is over-hyped.

The story doesn't seem to be more than a few hours old at the time of this post.

However, it does probably mean that security personnel will probably have to step up their game.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Journalists did this? Almost certainly a crime with a reasonable jail sentence, seems stupid unless they worked in cahoots with that security specifically, at least telling the superiors what was going on, in which case it seems a very interesting experiment.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Journalists did this? Almost certainly a crime with a reasonable jail sentence, seems stupid unless they worked in cahoots with that security specifically, at least telling the superiors what was going on, in which case it seems a very interesting experiment.

I'll bet they'll get yelled at really really loudly. They might get fired from the parent organization.

What someone should do is have the journalists take the weapon to a firing range and use it. I'd like to see if works or blows up in their face.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
This is why the Star Trek utopia could never happen. Good lord people would be freaking out if we actually invented replicators.

Jan 25, 2011
I'll bet they'll get yelled at really really loudly. They might get fired from the parent organization.

What someone should do is have the journalists take the weapon to a firing range and use it. I'd like to see if works or blows up in their face.

They did under police control and it worked just fine in the article listed by Harabec. It's a legitimate concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.