3/8 Primary Results

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
lol, Sanders wins big in Michigan, Hillary still wins the delegates.Talk about rigged!
Sanders won unexpectedly, but he didn't win "big."

if he were to win every remaining primary with a similar 50:49 vote, Hillary would have the majority of pledged delegates going into the convention.

the big story tonight is that the polls were horribly wrong, and he may have the momentum going into Ohio and Florida next week.

of course, this also feels like bizarro world Clinton '08... I remember many nights being hugely excited when she won Texas or Pennsylvania or whatever, but meanwhile Obama was winning the delegate race and that's what ultimately secured him victory, not trying to grab headlines and ephemeral "momentum."

Dec 10, 2005
superdelegates
That's really a nonissue, as they haven't done what you're suggesting in their history. But I'm sure that people will rationalize a Sanders loss as "the system is rigged" and not that Sanders is just a weaker and less preferred candidate over Clinton.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
You mean Clinton won 58 delegates and Sanders won 65 in Michigan, in a state they split 48.2% to 49.9% (at the time of this post), respectively? The Democratic primaries are proportional. How are they rigged?

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/michigan

Can anyone explain to me why there are there still 7 unaccounted delegates with 99% reporting, and why Sanders is currently awarded so many more than his proportion?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Can anyone explain to me why there are there still 7 unaccounted delegates with 99% reporting, and why Sanders is currently awarded so many more than his proportion?
it's based on districts/counties won, it's not straight proportional based on the popular vote.

that's how Obama was able to win more delegates out of Nevada in 2008 even though Hillary won the state's popular vote.