Feb 5, 2001
DogFighter is $2.50, 75% off currently

Demo is on Steam.

Fun game, if you like arcade plane shooters you'll like this probably

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
£1.75 in UK change.

Purchased. See signature for my Steam name should you want a game... might review it for my site :)

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I found this game pretty fun, I feel it would definitely have a lot of potential if there was a larger player base. Seems the game's makers feel this way too as it is on sale quite often. I would say it's a good buy for $2.50. I'll have to try out the new coop mode here later.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I found this game pretty fun, I feel it would definitely have a lot of potential if there was a larger player base. Seems the game's makers feel this way too as it is on sale quite often. I would say it's a good buy for $2.50. I'll have to try out the new coop mode here later.

It's the same for ZeroGear. ZeroGear is an absolutely AWESOME cartoony racing game and a couple of my friends and I have a TON of fun playing...

...but I've never seen anyone else play it, ever.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Cheap deal for something that looks like it could kill some hours. Grabbed it. Thanks!

Steam name: ZabloN

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
It's the same for ZeroGear. ZeroGear is an absolutely AWESOME cartoony racing game and a couple of my friends and I have a TON of fun playing...

fuck I know.

I love zerogear, it is a lot of fun to just jump on and fuck around and do stuff, but every single time I go on it there is not a single sole online, it sucks balls cause the game is fun

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006

Well Zero Gear had a shit ton of reasons why nobody played it.

1. They first launched at too high of a price ($20).
2. Server-side steering... so your own steering felt laggy. They had all sorts of reasons why they didn't want to do client-side steering, but their reasoning was pretty shitty.
3. Weapon design was terrible

That said, yea it was a pretty fun game. I had a blast playing the sports themed matches (soccer, football, hockey), but the devs never really listened to the fanbase as to why the game wasn't popular.

Not only that, the game came out in a time period where cart racers were thriving elsewhere. You had Blur, Modnation Racers, and a lot of people still played Mario Kart. Granted, none of those were PC games (except Blur), but it was an uphill battle to begin with.

I'd still play it though if there was some activity, but everytime I boot it up, I see zero servers.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Ordered. I played the demo a few months ago and enjoyed it. Couldn't pass it up for $2.50.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
1) I paid $2.99 for it
2) that didn't affect me in any way and I didn't notice. Your internet connection sucks balls
3) irrelevant opinion, one I do not share

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
1) I paid $2.99 for it
2) that didn't affect me in any way and I didn't notice. Your internet connection sucks balls

One persons opinion does not make for good online gaming. If it's dead..I think that speaks for itself.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
1) I paid $2.99 for it

1) Good for you. I didn't pay full price for it either (I participated in one of the 4-packs, making the game $8 or something).
2) Well you obviously didn't notice then. Your ability to steer hinged on your ping. If you had a 40ms ping, you had an 80ms input lag.

Which, isn't too bad, however, most of the servers in Zero Gear (when I played it) weren't dedicated servers with good connections, the servers were run by average Joes with shitty connections. So, frequently, I had pings of 100ms or more, and the input lag is readily apparent. My connection isn't shitty, and if you looked at the steam forums, you'd see a lot of the same complaints.

3) Irrelevant opinion? Great you don't share it, but a lot of people do. There really isn't an irrelevant opinion when you're trying to get people to play your game. If people don't like something about it, it's likely they won't play it.

Like I said, I really liked the game, and it could've been so much more, but the devs took the wrong approach on a few issues. Not that it would've helped much, as the game would still probably be dead. Who knows.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Okay... after 5 minutes I can officially say that I will not be playing this again..

Motion sickness for the lose *lays down in a darkened room*

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I bought the 4-pack of this game, only to realize most of my friends already have it. D'oh.

I have two free copies. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll PM you the activation code. Edit: All gone now. You're welcome.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I bought the 4-pack of this game, only to realize most of my friends already have it. D'oh.

I have two free copies. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll PM you the activation code.

I'll take one. Even pay you for it as I was planning on getting it anyway. Might as well.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009

I have two free copies. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll PM you the activation code.

I'll take one, if you still have it. been looking for games that would work on my shitty notebook.

Steam name is Ax0n