2x rx 480 crossfire

Always_Winter

Apr 26, 2017
on a h170 mb asrock pro4s. 7600kgpu
i cant understand why the secondary card is always in low power mode making the clock 0mhz. how do i disable low powerr mode across the board so both cards can enjoy crossfire? regardless of wich one i make primary it always turns the other one eccentialy off sinze it reads as 300mhz or 0mhz.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
Are you talking about during gaming? While on the desktop it should be idle, but during (supported) games they should be run full speed. Can you give some more details?

Always_Winter

Apr 26, 2017
yes during gaming on elder scrolls online wich i know supports crossfire. i see no difference in fps and monitoring in the background it does not even look like one is being used at all

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
yes during gaming on elder scrolls online wich i know supports crossfire. i see no difference in fps and monitoring in the background it does not even look like one is being used at all

Sounds like the game is heavily CPU limited:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5qyd4p/does_eso_support_amd_crossfire/

Also afaik you need to have a game profile for CFX to work, do you have one for it in Radeon Settings? If not try adding the game there. If you have old drivers you might want to install the latest (17.5.1) and make sure that the application profiles install with it.

But I'd recommend testing a more GPU heavy game or benchmark to see if both GPUs are properly configured for CFX as it sounds like that game is CPU bound which is why your GPUs are idling.

Always_Winter

Apr 26, 2017
correction ulps is disabled now in the registry but second card reads 300mhz now instead of zero. one important note one is a powercolor 1330mhz and the other an asus both are 3fan designs

Last edited:

Always_Winter

Apr 26, 2017
ok i made a profilke under crossfire im not sure what to set do i set 1x1 optimized or defualt mode or?