2x One consoles installing same game using 1x game disk?

Nov 20, 2009
OK, I have an Elite M$ Xbox One that I have had for a year now down in my basement. I recently took up Amazon's deal on a One S 1TB Battlefield edition (not here yet). I am the only gamer in my household and the second console with go in my computer room.

Since I will only be using one Live account for both units and I can only be playing on one unit at a time for only multiplayer gaming, does anyone know if I can install the same game title bought once on both consoles? I would really hate to have to buy games on interest on a per console basis for the 1 gamer household.

And no, I have not had anyone in my home playing a gaming console with me ever (+15 years).

HitAnyKey

Oct 4, 2013
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to install the same game to a variety of consoles you are signed into. I know I had RDR installed on my Xbox360 (Rec room) and Xbone (Living room) at the same time and would use cloud saves to sync my progress. I can't imagine it would be any different in your case as long as your only playing on one at a time.

HTH

Nov 20, 2009
You actually bring up a good point. For instance, I played Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 on the 360 and they came for free with Siege on the One. And I also suppose since that there are backwards compatible games it was already assumed that you played them first on the 360 and then on the One. I'll give it a try this weekend once the S model arrives.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yeah you can do that but you can only play it on one console at a time which would really only apply to digital games since you need the disc to play a physical copy.

Nov 20, 2009
I'm the only gamer in the household. I got eh S today. Got it up and running but now I am installing the digital download of BF1. That thing is like 45GB just for the single player. I had no issue using my non-S XBL account to go online and whatnot.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
No need to buy two. With disc based games, it installs the first time you play, as I'm sure you know. You just need the disc when you want to play. For digital games, again, it installs the first time you play. Digital games are tied to your account, so you can play them wherever you're signed in.