• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

2x MSI Seahawks

Timmah!

Jul 24, 2010
Seeking advice regarding hybrid card SLI rad placement, since this is new experience for me, never had water cooled card before, nevermind 3x watercooled components inside my computer. Posted this on Reddit too.

So i ordered 2x MSI 2080Ti Seahawk X for Octane. Originally had on order 2x Inno3Ds, but after reading bad user experience with them on hardwareluxx.de regarding temps, i decided to change my order to Seahawks, which should be fine as temps, noise and performance go...only significantly more expensive.

All was well, except the fact, i have no clue, when i might get them, whether this year at least LOL, but then i decided to speculate more about radiator placement for both cards and remained unsure again.

My initial idea was simply put the upper card rad straight above it, on the rear side of the case, as an exhaust, and the bottom cards rad to the front panel, as an intake. However, then i found out, it seems the hoses are not long enough for the front position. And when i looked into my case -> see attached picture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esmazwn4brzsw2f/Photo 20.1.18 14 12 39.jpg?dl=0

i feel uneasy about radiator clearance for the top card too - since it seems it might collide with my CPU radiator up top my case... do you think it will fit there? It is 14cm Noctua there and the rad is 12cm, so perhaps it will fit right under the top rad... can you guess out of experience? I cant really move the CPU rad to the front of the case, as the tubes are not long enough...but perhaps i could "mirror" it, for the tubes to be closer to the back of the case, rather than front...

Regarding the bottom card rad issue, i googled bit and people seem to solve it by mounting it to the case bottom. Even if its not ideal, cause the rad being underneath the pump, it might be my only option.

https://en.abnerchou.me/Blog/31404856/

I intend to do it this way. The question is, do i make the bottom rad intake or exhaust?

Currently i have top CPU rad as intake, then 2 forward fans as intakes, and back-panel fan as exhaust. That back panel fan will be replaced by top card´s rad, which will be exhaust anyway, so the only question remains how to set up the bottom rad... what would you suggest?

Thanks for advices.

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
are the seahawks AIO (comes with closed loop, pump,radiator, block already filled) or are they the seahawk with just ek water blocks on them?

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
sounds like the aio... mount the one where the 120mm fan by the cpu is at, but put the fan on the outside of the case in a pull configuration... it should fit between the cpu radiator and back of case. mount the second gpu radiator on the bottom like you wanted, and everything should be fine. That's how i normally have my water cooling setups configured as.

Reactions: Timmah!

Timmah!

Jul 24, 2010
Oh, thank you! That solution with a fa outside the case, that did not even cross my mind! Maybe i actually use that 14cm Noctua i have there right now, instead of pre-attached 12cm Torx fan.

ASK THE COMMUNITY