2k4 Honda S2000: 245HP... TO THE WHEELS?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Holy torque batman!
Why doesnt honda just slap on a turbo and be done with it? Every one wants one, so why not give it to them?
A srt4 neon makes more torque at 2500rpm then a s2000 could ever dream to make. And it does it through out the whole power band, not just near the redline.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: shabby
Holy torque batman!
Why doesnt honda just slap on a turbo and be done with it? Every one wants one, so why not give it to them?
A srt4 neon makes more torque at 2500rpm then a s2000 could ever dream to make. And it does it through out the whole power band, not just near the redline.

True, but one's a Neon, and the other's a chick-magnet.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Holy torque batman!
Please just stop. The SRT4 and the S2000 are in no way comparible.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Holy torque batman!
Still, a turbo wouldn't be bad at all. There are a few turbo kits on the market already.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Howard
Holy torque batman!
Still, a turbo wouldn't be bad at all. There are a few turbo kits on the market already.

High compression ratio + boost = BOOM!

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Im not comparing a neon to an s2000, im comparing the motors.
The srt4 has a turbo 2.4L torque monster, with simple bolt-ons it came make almost 300 ft/lbs of torque at 3000rpm.
While honda owners tweak and tweak the motor to make more peak hp, the mopar boys just add more boost.

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Holy torque batman!

True, but one's a Neon, and the other's a chick-magnet.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Howard
Holy torque batman!

High compression ratio + boost = BOOM!

Which is why most of the S2K turbo setups only run a piddling 7psi of boost. :p

- M4H

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

- M4H

Just like every other Honda turbo setup out there. I'd still drive one though :)

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
S2000 wont have a turbo, even the NSX is a NA engine. It has to do with the performance characteristics that Honda wants in their vehicles. Also, notice that even Ferraris (with the exception of a few) are all NA engines. You can't make that kinda of engine music while muted by a turbo.

Jan 31, 2002

- M4H

Just like every other Honda turbo setup out there. I'd still drive one though :)

Hell yes. Like you said, one's a Neon, the other's a chick magnet. ;)

And I bet the SRT4 makes up the price difference in its repair bill over five years. :D

- M4H

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: freebee
S2000 wont have a turbo, even the NSX is a NA engine. It has to do with the performance characteristics that Honda wants in their vehicles. Also, notice that even Ferraris (with the exception of a few) are all NA engines. You can't make that kinda of engine music while muted by a turbo.

Bah! I'll take a nice big turbo over an NA engine ANY day of the week. me = DSMer I luv the whine of a nice turbo :)

Jan 31, 2002

Bah! I'll take a nice big turbo over an NA engine ANY day of the week. me = DSMer I luv the whine of a nice turbo :)

Eclipse + 27psi boost + 75 shot NX wet kit = 600+ whp

- M4H

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
The SRT4 is faster than an s2k. And I agree, a turbo can do wonders to even an ordinary car.

I'm not exactly sure the s2k is a chick magnet. Its a small Japanese convertible, kinda like a Miata or Del Sol with a bit more engine power. Seems kinda fruity. Which is why I'm somewhat puzzled by the superior attitudes of the s2k owners over at s2ki (which I read frequently). Nonetheless I still wanna get one...(recall my thread about my helmet purchase a few weeks ago).

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

- M4H

Hell yes. Like you said, one's a Neon, the other's a chick magnet. ;)

And I bet the SRT4 makes up the price difference in its repair bill over five years. :D

- M4H

I've seen some people run 3psi with a turbo kit.... yes 3psi hahahah.
The neon does have a 7year powertrain warranty though.

hehe, don't you just love the potential of the 4G63? DSM POWAH!

Sure do, but what about a long rod 4G64? :D

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
The SRT4 is faster than an s2k. And I agree, a turbo can do wonders to even an ordinary car.

I'm not exactly sure the s2k is a chick magnet. Its a small Japanese convertible, kinda like a Miata or Del Sol with a bit more engine power. Seems kinda fruity. Which is why I'm somewhat puzzled by the superior attitudes of the s2k owners over at s2ki (which I read frequently). Nonetheless I still wanna get one...(recall my thread about my helmet purchase a few weeks ago).

Faster is a subjective term... i think anyone who takes an S2k dragging and complains about how slow it is an idiot. :D

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

hehe, don't you just love the potential of the 4G63? DSM POWAH!

Sure do, but what about a long rod 4G64? :D

I'll stick with what's proven. Wouldn't mind having a 2.3/2.4L 4G63/4G64 hybrid but the 2.0L 4G63 has been proven to make massive amounts of HP and can take plenty of abuse. DSMs themselves are a different story ;)

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I've seen some people run 3psi with a turbo kit.... yes 3psi hahahah.

Hell, at 3psi my 93 Civic can be mAd tUrB03d y0! No electric BOV for me! :D

- M4H

LMAO! That's the best thing I've read all day :D:beer: