• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

2k4 Honda S2000: 245HP... TO THE WHEELS?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
40,819
1
0
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Originally posted by: freebee
The SRT4 is faster than an s2k. And I agree, a turbo can do wonders to even an ordinary car.

I'm not exactly sure the s2k is a chick magnet. Its a small Japanese convertible, kinda like a Miata or Del Sol with a bit more engine power. Seems kinda fruity. Which is why I'm somewhat puzzled by the superior attitudes of the s2k owners over at s2ki (which I read frequently). Nonetheless I still wanna get one...(recall my thread about my helmet purchase a few weeks ago).
Faster is a subjective term... i think anyone who takes an S2k dragging and complains about how slow it is an idiot. :D
Yeah, plus the S2K won't have that mid-race phonecall from your wife wondering when you're going to bring back the car because she needs to go shopping. ;)

- M4H
 

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
3,204
0
0
Originally posted by: KraziKid
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: vi_edit
LOL@105HP@4000RPM
And it still has more area under its hp curve than your Buick.
I guess you haven't seen a Grand National?
GNs are some bad muthas! Too bad they're ooglay as all hell. Oh well, doesn't much matter what your car looks like if you can beat anything else on the road :)
 

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
7,701
0
0
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: KraziKid
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: vi_edit
LOL@105HP@4000RPM
And it still has more area under its hp curve than your Buick.
I guess you haven't seen a Grand National?
GNs are some bad muthas! Too bad they're ooglay as all hell. Oh well, doesn't much matter what your car looks like if you can beat anything else on the road :)
I don't think they are bad looking, but that might have something to do with the fact that I grew up near a Monte Carlo SS (My uncle had one). Around my area, I have seen 3 Grand Nationals, and know where one is parked.
 

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
12,501
1
81
Not bad for a 2.2 liter NA engine.

Yeah, I would prefer a 650 bhp 6 liter V-12, but 200+ bhp from a 2.2 liter NA engine is not bad at all.
 
Jan 31, 2002
40,819
1
0

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
3,204
0
0
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire


Eclipse + 27psi boost + 75 shot NX wet kit = 600+ whp

- M4H
hehe, don't you just love the potential of the 4G63? DSM POWAH!
No. :p ;)
But it doesn't have VTEC y0 ;)

- M4H
DANGER TO MANIFOLD!
Shut up! SHUT UP!
<closes laptop>

- M4H
Teh no3s!!!! Teh mad t0rqu3 fr0m y0ur C!v!c bl3\/\/ t3h w3ld$ 0ff t3h fl00r pan3ls!!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneonetwoonetwoonetwothreeninetwooneoneone!!!!!111111
 
Jan 31, 2002
40,819
1
0
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Teh no3s!!!! Teh mad t0rqu3 fr0m y0ur C!v!c bl3\/\/ t3h w3ld$ 0ff t3h fl00r pan3ls!!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneonetwoonetwoonetwothreeninetwooneoneone!!!!!111111
Aw, man. Now I gotta rip apart the head gasket and replace the piston rings I fried!

- M4H
 

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
3,204
0
0
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Teh no3s!!!! Teh mad t0rqu3 fr0m y0ur C!v!c bl3\/\/ t3h w3ld$ 0ff t3h fl00r pan3ls!!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneonetwoonetwoonetwothreeninetwooneoneone!!!!!111111
Aw, man. Now I gotta rip apart the head gasket and replace the piston rings I fried!

- M4H
Make sure you buy JDM yo. Your care will be a mad tyte whip den!
 
Jan 31, 2002
40,819
1
0
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Teh no3s!!!! Teh mad t0rqu3 fr0m y0ur C!v!c bl3\/\/ t3h w3ld$ 0ff t3h fl00r pan3ls!!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneonetwoonetwoonetwothreeninetwooneoneone!!!!!111111
Aw, man. Now I gotta rip apart the head gasket and replace the piston rings I fried!

- M4H
Make sure you buy JDM yo. Your care will be a mad tyte whip den!
I need NAWZ.

- M4H
 

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
12,501
1
81
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Not bad for a 2.2 liter NA engine.

Yeah, I would prefer a 650 bhp 6 liter V-12, but 200+ bhp from a 2.2 liter NA engine is not bad at all.

Displacement: 132 cu in, 2157cc
Power (SAE net): 240 bhp @ 7800 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 162 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 94.5 in
Length/width/height: 162.2/68.9/50.0 in
Curb weight: 2840 lb
Zero to 60 mph: 5.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: .15.0 sec
Street start, 5?60 mph: 6.9 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 149 mph
Braking, 70?0 mph: 166 ft
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 20 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 23 mpg



 

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
6,115
171
116
LMAO! :D hehehe

high revving is fun, and no power on the low end is scaaaaaaaaryyyyyyy though.
105hp at 4000rpm? That is .. interesting.
 

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
13,990
0
0
Originally posted by: zCypher
LMAO! :D hehehe

high revving is fun, and no power on the low end is scaaaaaaaaryyyyyyy though.
105hp at 4000rpm? That is .. interesting.
Downshift.
 

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
5,675
0
0
Originally posted by: freebee
The SRT4 is faster than an s2k. And I agree, a turbo can do wonders to even an ordinary car.

I'm not exactly sure the s2k is a chick magnet. Its a small Japanese convertible, kinda like a Miata or Del Sol with a bit more engine power. Seems kinda fruity. Which is why I'm somewhat puzzled by the superior attitudes of the s2k owners over at s2ki (which I read frequently). Nonetheless I still wanna get one...(recall my thread about my helmet purchase a few weeks ago).
and a lancer evo is faster than an M3? so?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY