290x crossfire on Shadow of Mordor

greybaby

Sep 17, 2012
I had a really interesting experience recently. I just bought SoM and had read it had some problems. So I booted it up and the only problem I noticed was that all the menus were screwed up. So I had fraps running and it seemed to be limited to 100fps. It was running at 100fps almost the whole time I played it but would occasionally dip down to the upper 80's. I was totally happy with the performance! That was the first time I played it, and i played for about 3 hours. Ever since that time, every time I play it there are massive slow downs, like it freezes for .5-3 seconds at a time! I'm just confused as to how my first experience was near perfect but every one after that has been just terrible. It gets a bit better when I disable crossfire, but the performance is still pretty shotty.

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
I think u should try deleting the save/temporary files. I think its not related to gpu.

My 2 cents!:)

greybaby

Sep 17, 2012
I tried closing all the background programs jic (I like to leave tabs open) and it didn't change anything.

Thanks for suggesting the beta, I'll check what my drivers are. I think they are the non-beta...but even if that does fix it I"ll be confused why my first experience was perfect and after that it wasn't!

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
I tried closing all the background programs jic (I like to leave tabs open) and it didn't change anything.

Thanks for suggesting the beta, I'll check what my drivers are. I think they are the non-beta...but even if that does fix it I"ll be confused why my first experience was perfect and after that it wasn't!

Yeah that is weird. Did they ninja patch anything in SoM maybe?

greybaby

Sep 17, 2012
I'll look that up too, I installed the beta driver and it cut down on the stuntedness but not fully. I'm confused! haha