29.42 and Powerdvd 4.0 (maybe all mpeg2 codecs) gave scrambled pic... had to go to 28.32's

bigshooter

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
So I'm weird and need a movie to put myself to sleep. I decided to view my awesome quality centropy svcd copy of spiderman. I was amazed to see that the image was completely garbled. So i said oh well.. i messed this up somehow, lets try another movie. After exhausting my mpeg2 collection of pirated movies I realized the only thing that changed since I watched a movie last night and another one this morning was the new nvidia drivers. Put the 28.32's back on adn voila.. good video again. BTW.. all other types of movies and videos (mainly divx) worked fine, just mpeg2 that gave me problems.

System specs
Athlon XP1600+
Epox 8KHA+
512 meg crucial pc2100
visiontek g3 ti200

That's all that should really make a difference so if anyone has ideas or if they would just like to compare their results to mine or take this as a warning, I thought I would post. I'm happy with the old drivers and I doubt I'll have any reason to switch. Post if you have the same problem i did so I can figure out if i just lost all my braincells or if there is an issue.